View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Leibss

Unhappy 2 days sober... again

Hey guys, 2 days sober here.. feeling extremely depressed and anxious, and scared ill always have this craving. I was at a "friends" house but would say more a house where people go and do meth/coke and drink.

The weird thing is me deciding to quit, and leave and not go back (I've been there since New Years Day drinking non-stop) means losing all of those people I met and had connections behind. They aren't abusive I just think they're caught into an addiction too, I mean what I miss is the socialization aspect of being out and being on a relatable level with people.

I know that this sounds stupid but, I just hate being stuck at my house lonely. It's like I'm not just addicted to alcohol, I'm addicted to the socialization lifestyle.. Everything seems so, boring, like Ill feel this loneliness for the rest of my life. I know that seems a tad dramatic and I need to switch my focus to the gym or school (that I'm just starting up), I just don't know if anything will generally make me feel as good ever again.

I guess what I'm trying to ask, is if you had that feeling after quitting, like nothing else will ever be the same again, or that those were the best moments of your life? Sorry just needed to vent. Been lonely, and feel I have no one to talk to, and now because of this decision to better myself I'm just going to be generally unsatisfied for the rest of my life.

I assume it gets better though, I just maybe want to hear a story wear everything gets BETTER then it was when using.

PS: Rehab isn't an option because I'm enrolled in university until april =\

Thanks, and happy new year to all of you!