Notices

Newbie here!

Old 07-29-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie here!

Hi all. I'm so glad i came across this group. I have struggled with alcoholism for a lot of years, starting at abouit 15 years old due to my complete lack of self esteem... this year so far I have been done for a DUI, spent a night in the cells and lost my licence. It destroyed me a bit but helped me, it was a huge kick up the backside! Anyway, I have been doing so well until this week. I was really low after a row with my partner, and went out drinking. He came to find me and it went from bad to worse. I tried to smash up his van, physically attacked him and he actually had to call the police on me. They arrested me and took me for another night in her majesty finest hotel. I am at an all time low. My partner has been so supportive and just wonderful. No-one else knows about It, but i just want to end it all. I'm not a bad person, I just seem to do bad things but I really don't want to be this way. If anyone has any words of wisdom on how to get myself out of this pit of self despair I would be eternally grateful.
I'm a 26 year old woman x
Old 07-29-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have been where you are and it's pure hell. Try to be kind to yourself. Try to release the self hatred and anger. I am trying myself and it's hard but I did manage to get 260 days under my belt. Had a recent lapse in judgment, I wanted to punish others and so drank.
Turns out there isn't relief in a bottle. Only pain and anxiety and horrible things.
I just took one of my dogs for a walk. I feel a bit better. Now about to take my other one for a walk.
Can you maybe go for a walk? Listen to some tunes? Get the endorphins going ?
Old 07-29-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! Take it nice and slow. This journey will teach you patience, if you let it. One day at a time, one hour at a time, don't drink or use. It seems to last forever at first but hang in there it gets easier. Good days, bad days, but not as bad as when you were drinking. Breathing exercises when I felt a little weird sometimes helped me a lot. I wish you well on your journey!
Old 07-29-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Baddays! I've been there too - you are not alone. That's the thing I love about this place - you're in the company of people who truly understand what you're going through. The difference between you and me? I was decades older when I finally admitted I needed to stop. You can imagine all the damage I did by that time. That won't happen to you. Glad to have you with us.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alcohol is a thief. The best relief of depression and boost in self esteem is counting sober days. But it is totally up to you when you decide to quit. I hope it happens soon for you!
Old 07-29-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Baddays! You are in the right place for support.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

WELCOME. If I was advising ME..I would say (in hindsight) that firstly STOP DRINKING- NOW! Pour out any stashes. Then GET HELP! Counsellor and a doc for a full check up. THEN I would tell me to go to meetings and that it does not matter if I do not want to- it is free and your learn stuff. Also to journal, remember to eat, rest and hydrate and go for lots of walks.
Support to you.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I'm just trying to get out of this pit of self hatred... I'll get there xx
Old 07-30-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi, welcome, we have all done things we aren't proud of whilst drinking, is this us, NO its the disease, you will get lots of support here, wishing you all the best, keep posting
Old 07-30-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Alcohol is a thief. The best relief of depression and boost in self esteem is counting sober days. But it is totally up to you when you decide to quit. I hope it happens soon for you!
Amen. Truth. It is harder getting sober than staying sober. Listen to the wisdom here. Best of luck to you.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Baddays123

You'll find a lot of understanding and support here

D