Notices

I feel crushed.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel crushed.

For those who know me or have followed my story, you know I attended the school of hard knocks. Between my business, my family, my injuries and my alcoholism I have been through hell and back...more than once. I got news this morning that will require me to sell the house I live in. I am stressed out to the absolute max yet again. I will not drink over it because drinking was partially responsible for getting me into this mess. Its up to me and only me to get myself out. I guess we must count our blessings even if we don't feel we have any (like today). Thanks for listening.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Now what?

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
For those who know me or have followed my story, you know I attended the school of hard knocks.

I am stressed out to the absolute max yet again. I will not drink over it because drinking was partially responsible for getting me into this mess. Its up to me and only me to get myself out.
Lots of graduates from that school!

Your post is awesome. It's the kind of thing a newcomer will benefit from. Hopefully, you feel a little bit better knowing that you're not carrying the weight alone, and that you are supporting your recovery.

Best!
Old 03-05-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So glad you are holding up. I'll say a prayer for you. I think everything will turn out just fine.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You Are Not in This Alone

Hi Thomas,
I'm brand-new to this website and this is my first posting. I have just celebrated 26 years of sobriety but can clearly relate to your feelings. I just want you to know that even though you're cleaning up the wreckage from your past you're not going it alone if you don't want to. I don't know what your relationship is like with God but I suggest you reach out to him and hold on for dear life. He even helps us clean up the messes we make. You are in my prayers. Nitty
Old 03-05-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sorry to hear this, jeff. but i have absolute faith that you CAN handle this next challenge. take some time to absorb the information, don't do anything knee jerk. come up with a good solid plan and timeline. hang in there buddy.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear it too Jeff but if anyone can make lemonade from these lemons, you will

D
Old 03-05-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending you a hug.

It sucks. But you know you can handle it and maybe it'll turn out for the best?

Have another hug.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your going through this Thomas, wishing you all the best, keep your head up and just remember it will always get better.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jeff, I'm sorry that you are being forced to see your home. I know you are strong enough to get through this and survive and thrive.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When I got divorced I was forced to move from nice big house with a big yard to small condo. It happened quickly and I ended up giving away a lot of stuff.

It turned out to be the best move I've ever made. I don't feel chained to expensive repairs and maintenance and "stuff" like I used to be. I was forced to simplify, and it was very good for me.

I hope you find the silver lining.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Jeff like you I have been through some dark times. I remember how unbelievably horrible I felt. I saw no way out.

I did get through that stuff. Now looking back I wouldn't change a thing. It made me the man I am today. It was a necessary progression.

I wish you the best my friend. We are here for you and wishing you a speedy resolution to your troubles.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sending you hugs! There's always better times ahead!
Old 03-05-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
All is Change

Get through these times with more of the same. Equanimous awareness of reality. Free from attachments, cravings and aversions. Seeing life as it is.
there is happiness in there too.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The only possibly helpful thing I can think to say to you is that this is probably as bad as it will get right now. Just hearing the news and adjusting to having to sell. That really sucks, but I bet it will get better from here as you just accept the necessity of what you have to do and move on.

I know it may be poor comfort at the moment, but think about what biminiblue said -- you never know what windows may open up because of this. It really could be this huge blessing in disguise.

We are here for you.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am sorry, Thomas.

Last edited by Maudcat; 03-05-2017 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-05-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm sorry too, Jeff. I'm glad you wanted to let your friends know what happened - we all care about you.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hugs to you..
Old 03-05-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I and many others are in your corner Jeff!!
Old 03-05-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thomas: These other posts have said all I would have said and more! What a wonderful team you have cheering for you and what a wonderful help you have been to so many others on this website! You are strong. You can do it and you will do it. Where you live is less important than what you are. You are a great ship which can sail safely through many a gale and if I were adrift I would be lucky, honored to be your passenger.

Your fond friend

Bill.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

As always, you guys are the best therapy anyone could ask for. As I am digesting this problem and devising my game plan, I agree with many of you that this could very well be the right move and a good move. After getting over the initial "shock", when this issue is resolved we will have tremendous freedom (finally!).