Notices

Michelle's Accountability

Old 01-02-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Michelle's Accountability

Hi Everyone!! Happy New Year!

I am on day two, for the 100th time. This time is my time...I will make sure of it. I am tired of drinking and what a new Sober life. I am looking forward to it.

I seen a picture of me and thought...Lord have Mercy, what a mess you are, red cheeks, puffy face gained lots of weight. Even my hair is different. This is not me nor the person I want to me needless, to say what I have done to my insides. Not pretty.

I told my Husband of my plans and he is also not going to drink. He is a normal drinker he can have one drink once a month and think nothing of it. This is the first time I ever told him. I was always afraid to lay it out there before being afraid of failure (again) this time is different.

So, this is my journey of my first 30 days. My plan is; continue to read on post on SR daily, Walk daily and lots of praying.

Thank SR for your inspiring stories.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day one for me: I woke up VERY tired from a night of drinking Wine for the last time. AV starting around 3 and I fought it off. I went to bed at 8pm and slept all night. I ate all day and night. I am not going to worry about eating not early on that is.

On with day two.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job Michelle.

And I really like your thread title. For me, accountability can be really, really important to staying sober. Knowing I will have to come back here and report that I drank may not always make THE difference in whether or not I pick up, but it always makes SOME difference. It at least factors in to my thinking.

Let's do this together!
Old 01-02-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
Good job Michelle.

And I really like your thread title. For me, accountability can be really, really important to staying sober. Knowing I will have to come back here and report that I drank may not always make THE difference in whether or not I pick up, but it always makes SOME difference. It at least factors in to my thinking.

Let's do this together!
Thank you. I've seen the accountability posts on SR before and I guess I was never really ready to quit mentally enough to make myself accountable...but, I sure am this time. It's also good to look back on.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living the life

Congrats Michelle. Accountability also worked for me, especially once I had that conversation with my loved ones. I didn't want to appear wishy washy by drinking after I had told them I wasn't drinking any longer so it has definitely helped me to not drink.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job Michelle! Having a supportive spouse, along with posting and reading here, are big steps in your road to recovery. Just remind yourself that it gets easier and a sober life is so incredibly better than the one we all previously lived. Keep it up! Take time to smile and be proud of the steps you have taken.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HelenofTroy View Post
Congrats Michelle. Accountability also worked for me, especially once I had that conversation with my loved ones. I didn't want to appear wishy washy by drinking after I had told them I wasn't drinking any longer so it has definitely helped me to not drink.
Exactly. That is the reason I know it's going to work. I quit smoking Cigarettes that way too. It works, I didn't want to seem weak.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberandhonest View Post
Great job Michelle! Having a supportive spouse, along with posting and reading here, are big steps in your road to recovery. Just remind yourself that it gets easier and a sober life is so incredibly better than the one we all previously lived. Keep it up! Take time to smile and be proud of the steps you have taken.
Thank you for the encouraging words. I have a great and supportive Husband and he needs a sober Wife not a night time drunk.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, Michelle. My spouse stopped drinking when I did. He was a normal drinker. I was not. It meant the world to me to have his support. I also hit AA pretty hard. I found a lot of good support there. Good luck.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things are going well, Michelle, and I hope you keep posting.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Maudcat;6273095]Welcome, Michelle. My spouse stopped drinking when I did. He was a normal drinker. I was not. It meant the world to me to have his support. I also hit AA pretty hard. I found a lot of good support there. Good luck.[/QUOTE
Hi Maudcat, Isn't it great to have a supportive spouse? They deserve a sober a wife. It really is encouraging to have someone on your side to help you along the way. I live in a small town and they only have one AA meeting a month I have to look up when it is....I think it is the 3rd Saturday of the month. Congrat's on your sobriety!!
Old 01-02-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Michelle
do you have a plan to help you stay sober?

There are some great ideas here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
D
Old 01-02-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome back Michelle
do you have a plan to help you stay sober?

There are some great ideas here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
D
Thanks Dee....apparently, I need a better one. I will read them all tonight and make my plan stronger.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 2; I had cravings at 3pm and didn't stop till around 7. I had anxiety and heart palpations starting around 4ish the palpations haven't gone away yet not real strong but, enough to know it is happening. I ate all day. It just wasn't one thing I was craving it was just food. So, I ate. I figure I can not worry about calories and sobriety at the same time some can .... I cannot. I have a saying: I am good at one thing at a time. I will take care of the weight gain later. As for withdrawals this is the worst I ever had them they, should be slowing down at day three...at least I hope. I was super cranky, I couldn't help it. I told my Husband to hang in there. I slept the whole night which I haven't done in a while.

On with day Three.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 01-03-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Living the life

Keep going Michelle! Once you get through this stage it will get easier, or at least not as constant.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel a little better now Michelle

D
Old 01-04-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope you feel a little better now Michelle

D
Yes, Dee it is getting better. Thank you so much for asking.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me went much better than day 2. I was still having heart palpation's they finally stopped around 7 pm it was kinda scary to be honest. I had the cravings at the bewitching hour but, I conquered it, woo hoo. I went for a walk, cleaned my kitchen again. Took a bath. Went to bed at 9 I woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep. It felt so good to wake up half way clean headed. It feels so good and it's only day 4. I do realize that I do have a bumpy road of me and pray I can with stand it. My outlook is completely different this time. I signed up for classes today which are suppose to start on the 13th. This way here I can keep myself busy at night studying.

On with the rest of day 4.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Living the life

Good job Michelle