SR Christmas!

Old 12-23-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

SR Christmas!

So, I've spent the last few days cleaning...and I'm working on making the cookies now! I'm going to start Christmas Eve morning with a buffet breakfast at 8 a.m. of eggs, bacon, croissants, scones, clotted cream, fresh fruit, pancakes, and bagels with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers!

There will be a fire going in the fireplace! Bring your favorite egg-nog, hot chocolate, or cider...I'll have sparkling water and coffee going pretty much round the clock!

If we get to feeling particularly festive, maybe we'll sing carols later in the day!

Bring your favorite movie or board game...no need to bring presents, just show up, kick your shoes off, and enjoy some great company with good people!!
Old 12-23-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am on this big diet. I have lost just over 7 pounds in 3 weeks.
Your breakfast sounds delectable and makes my mouth water, but I have to stick to my grapefruit and protein shake!!!
Old 12-23-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh my! Well, you are welcome to bring your protein shake, and I will make sure there are grapefruit on hand

The neighbors just delivered more baked goods for the weekend...and I just had a delivery of firewood!

Any other dietary restrictions of which I need to be aware?

And good for you on losing those 7 pounds, Eauchiche!
Old 12-23-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 12-23-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

8 am is kinda early ain't it? please leave some for us late risers!!!

hell, i just got my decorations up by 2:30pm today. one present left to wrap, but i need the box that is in hank's car.......altho i don't go all out with decorating and we have a tiny little fake tree, it all does look pretty darn festive!
Old 12-23-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You and Hank can stop by any time, Anvil! The breakfast food will be out until at least 11:30...
Old 12-23-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

can we watch the Packers at 10am please?

GO PACK GO!!!
Old 12-23-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas Seren

D
Old 12-23-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Any other dietary restrictions of which I need to be aware?
We primarily eat chocolate on Christmas, though baked goods such as Christmas cookies and some other assorted candies are permitted. Can our treatatarian diet be accommodated? Lol.

We also used to have the tradition of putting together a large puzzle on Christmas Day, but that has evolved into the assembly of a gigantic Lego set (967 pieces this year). So everyone please sheathe your feet in some manner of protective covering to avoid pointy block related injuries.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Sounds lovely Seren; won't be able to make it because of the distance, but any southern hemisphere friends are welcome to come to the beach in the morning for a refreshing swim, then home to croissants and coffee.
Not too hot tomorrow thankfully.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'll bring white hot chocolate and good old scrabble!! And a beautiful Christmas bouquet of flowers for our generous host.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
can we watch the Packers at 10am please?

GO PACK GO!!!
Absolutely! If anyone wants to watch anything else, there is a TV in the guest room, too! Now, there will be Christmas music playing (classical), so you'll have to keep it down

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Merry Christmas Seren

D
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Dee

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
We primarily eat chocolate on Christmas, though baked goods such as Christmas cookies and some other assorted candies are permitted. Can our treatatarian diet be accommodated? Lol.

We also used to have the tradition of putting together a large puzzle on Christmas Day, but that has evolved into the assembly of a gigantic Lego set (967 pieces this year). So everyone please sheathe your feet in some manner of protective covering to avoid pointy block related injuries.
Chocolates are already placed liberally in bowls about the place, and puzzles are also a part of my Christmas tradition! I will keep the table in the library free for you to assemble whatever Lego masterpiece you bring
Old 12-23-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

atalose! I love Scrabble!! Thank you
Old 12-23-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Feeling Great, I'm sure our Aussie friends would love to stop by
Old 12-23-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Clotted cream???? Makes me want to cross the pond just for breakfast... Ahhhhhh... Memories of a scone with clotted cream from Harrods on one of my vacations....
Your Christmas sounds Devine! Relaxing... Just the way I like it! Merry Christmas Seren.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Merry Christmas to you, Lilro! Relaxing and peaceful is my aim I'll ship a few breakfast items to you!

Old 12-24-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The forecast for today and tomorrow is a balmy 69 F here (that's 20 to 21 C for those so inclined). Nice big front yard, so I'll set up the croquet field for those who like it old school. The canoe is already down by the pond...don't hesitate to take it for spin but wear your life vests, please!

Old 12-24-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Seren, I had such a lovely time at Thanksgiving; I'd LOVE to come to Christmas too! Thanks for inviting everybody.

This time, my contribution will be to make sure your floor stays clean by bringing my little furry Roombas, Ned and Daisy. They won't eat dropped Legos, ladyscribbler, so no worries there.

In addition, both are licensed members of the International DMYFBA (Dogs Make You Feel Better Association) and will be glad to exert their magical powers of healing and amusing for all and sundry.

Here is the handsome and extremely soft Mr. Ned, basset hound extraordinaire (he is older now and all white and distinguished around the muzzle):

and here is his partner and companion, the lovely Missy Daisy Girl, a small black Demon Terrier, who is also older now and sports white eyebrows and muzzle:

Old 12-24-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

the assembly of a gigantic Lego set (967 pieces this year). So everyone please sheathe your feet in some manner of protective covering to avoid pointy block related injuries.[/QUOTE]

I'll be the one with the bandage on my foot from already stepping on those little Lego pieces. I'll also bring the hot glue so they stay together. I'll also be wearing my red, green and gold.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

hp, your lovely Mr. Ned and Miss Daisy will be most welcome here! I love dogs, but do not have the sort of life where I can have one of my own. It will be such a balmy day, that perhaps part of the "dog therapy" provided can be romps and naps

hh, I'm sorry to hear about your latest lego injury, but I do understand...perhaps there will be a pair of hard-soled slippers under the tree for you to prevent future plastic mishaps? And I think your attire will go nicely with the decorations already in place!