Big Thank You - Sea of Support

Old 11-17-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Big Thank You - Sea of Support

Yesterday was a very hard day for me taking some pretty big steps to let the addict out of my life and into the hands of his higher power. I just want to put out a big thank you to all those who helped cheerlead me along the way.

It was strange. A group of virtual strangers from all over the world were able to band together and support every step of the mess I was in and see me to the finish. The fact that so much of us care for one another because we are all in the same boat, is really a beautiful thing.

Nobody unless they have walked in our shoes, will ever know the pain and hell that alcoholism has brought into our lives. I have loads of friends and family, but not one person knows the hell I have lived this last year like you all do. Nobody but you knows the terror of opening the door to your home and wondering what you will find. If they are going to be breathing, if you remembered to hide the perfume. Nobody but you know the insanity of trying to control and cure, and going back for more.

From the bottom of my heart, Thank You
Old 11-17-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I’ve always loved these quotes………..

The scars you share become lighthouses for other people who are headed to the same rocks you hit.

And………….

I am a lighthouse rather than a lifeboat. I do not rescue, but instead help others to find their way to shore.

I hope you continue to stick around SR for support and be a lighthouse for someone else.

((hugs))
Old 11-17-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
F*** the Zero

the pain and struggle we endure creates a unique bond. I love this place
Old 11-17-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You did the heavy lifting yourself...we were just your cheering section.

From the experience of many of us...know that he's likely to be back and more than once. You need to be ready for that and truly know in your heart of hearts that until he decides to stop drowning, he'll take you down with him.

Sending you a hug.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am a lighthouse rather than a lifeboat. I do not rescue, but instead help others to find their way to shore.
I love this, atalose^^--and yes, I think SR is ablaze w/lighthouses! That beam of light in the fog and dark has surely helped me find my way...

Smarie, I am so glad you've made this decision. I read this thread http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...old-posts.html a little while ago, and I can't help but imagine what you'll feel/think when you look back on your old posts a month, 6 months, a year from now.

Old 11-17-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks honey! I am heading there to read it now Your support is everything because I know I will feel good about this one day!
Old 11-17-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know it was a tough step to take, but you most likely saved his life! And I agree with others... he WILL be back. Steel yourself so he doesn't STEAL yourself!
Old 11-18-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

hugs, just hugs I too love being a part of the SR family. No matter what time of day or night, there will always be someone here.