Just Reading Through My Old Posts

Old 11-17-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just Reading Through My Old Posts

Hi,
I was just reading through my old posts from this time last year. I can't believe I lived through that kind of abuse and turmoil. It reads like a book, not one I could have written.
It makes me realize how much my life has changed and how appreciative I am that I'm not living that life anymore. Is my life perfect? No, but it's peaceful, and it's my life!
Reading those posts makes me realize that waiting for things to happen with my divorce isn't that bad. I'm safe, have a roof over my head and food on my table.
I know, that in the new year, things will start moving with my divorce proceeding. My AH will fight till the bitter end not to give me anything. I have faith in the court system that they will see through his act.
My AH doesn't realize, and probably never will, he has lost the single most important thing in life himself!
Thank everyone here for listening and your support and advice!
Z
Old 11-17-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy for your new found peace, Zircon. I can relate - when I read some of my old posts I hear a naive, young, and inexperienced woman. I have come a long, hard way since then. I am thankful.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, I feel the same way.
At times I feel like I haven't made much progress... but then when I go back and read my first posts, I realize, wow... I really have come a long way!

Big hugs to you Z
Old 11-17-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So good to hear this you all.

I left my qualifier before internet was common so don't have a digital record of my immaturity at the time. I do remember my arrogant thinking that I could help him (Although I do cut myself some slack in that at that young age that was the best I could do).

I also remember the off-the-chart-psychedelic pain. Life has rarely hurt that much since then and even when it does, I have so many more tools to deal with it.