Old 07-31-2016, 12:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee...
congratulations Trees...
Old 07-31-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good going Trees!
Good morning.
Well, it was one week ago, since I drank.
Feeling better, planning a productive day of a lumberjack
breakfast, some chores, then a nap or two.
Have a great day.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thanks for flipping us Dee , have a good evening

I hope everyone made it through saturday evening .. if not you can take stock this morning see where the addiction got the better of you , see the signs and exits you few past on your way to another bout of alcoholic abuse .

Sobriety can be difficult but it can also be really rewarding , although i say my sobriety is unconditional , it has no pre conditions i'd say that to have a great life sober and not a miserable sobriety you'll probably need to work on yourself a bit .
I used to want uncomfortable emotions to go away , check out , turn them off .. i've found the best way of managing a whole lot of stuff is to just give it some sober time . No quick fixes , just allow enough time for my own attitude to readjust .

Hope you all have a glorious sober sunday ,

time for a fried egg sandwich and cup of coffee

m
Old 07-31-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cheers on shotgun wishes.. Imma gettin good at this.

I'm still thinking about Ken's opening to this weekender and also Mesa thoughts about how drink is off the table like other big values based decisions in his life.

Pretty powerful stuff for me and has really got me thinking..

Sober for me is about my credibility. My credibility as a parent, friend, person.. I don't want to screw that up ever again. I don't want to have to apologise ever again and see that hurt and disbelief on someone else's face. You know the look.. Someone I care about. It's just not worth it.
Ever again.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wink

From an older post, this is what Luther Hill corn looks like.
BTW, for those that don't know, do not boil corn on the cob, in a pot of water.
Instead, husk it, then wrap it tightly in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and microwave for approximately 1 minute.
It will be VERY hot, upon opening, so please be careful.
The corn's nutrients won't get lost in boiled water.
They'll steam in it's own cob.
Of course the best way is to leave corn unhusked, soak in water, then grill whole.
Half the kernels will blacken, though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
lutherhillcorn.jpg (20.4 KB, 89 views)
Old 07-31-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Woke up early here, will certainly be back in bed shortly. Ever read about how, before electricity, most humans had "first sleep" and "second sleep"? Everyone woke up around midnight-2am and would get up and chat, maybe snack on something, and then go back to bed again? Makes sense I suppose. Whenever I have one of these nights I like to think that it was completely normal 150 years ago and beyond.

Interesting story about the flood control/Vikings SAO. Nice pic, looks like a cool spot.

lunar, you got this. Glad to see you are working on getting back on track and planning and being mindful, sounds like all the right things are in motion.

Nice thoughts, Mex and Trees. I agree with both of you. Mex, things have gone much better for me in life since I've been sober, too. It's hard to argue with the stats: living situation is better, job is better, finances are better, relationships are better. Most importantly I have found a taste of that inner and outer peace I've been desperately seeking forever. Trees, credibility is also important. I know you mentioned family/friends, but I think drinking is also a slap in the face to ourselves. If I drank tonight, I could hide it and nobody would know. But I would know. And I would lose credibility with myself. What would that say about my commitment to myself? It would feel pretty crummy and I wouldn't feel very credible. And once you lose trust in yourself, the rest comes tumbling down like dominoes.

Booked a ticket to Colombia - we're going in a few months. I remember when Colombia was in disarray many years ago, it was portrayed as a dangerous and violent place. Today things have changed and it's becoming a more popular tourist destination. Or maybe, things have gotten so bad elsewhere that it just doesn't look quite as scary as some of the other places out there. Or a combo of both. Anyway, always nice to have a new foreign destination to look forward to.

Back to bed, time for "second sleep"!
Old 07-31-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks BigS
Enjoy 2nd sleep.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

OK, time to feed the kids.
Just thinking, also.
I really like my avatar, with the crescent
moon chocolate chip cookie, and the C. monster.
I just can't keep it though. I wake up, sign on in bed with iPad,
then want cookies. Now I'll focus on mermaids. Hmmm. Maybe I should have slept 2 more hours.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's 2:30AM here and I woke up and let the old thoughts wander and before I knew it I went down some circular rabbit hole and had to get up and reset. I'm sitting here with a cup of hot cocoa, just like in early days of sobriety and it really takes me back to that horrible tension and fearful nights unable to sleep. Back in those days I would log on here and read old threads, sometimes in the 12 step section, sometimes in the anxiety section or Friends and Family of Alcoholics, or in my Class of March thread. This is a deep site for wisdom and different topics that are helpful in rebuilding and reframing new and old life habits and skills. Many a night I would sit here with my cocoa and clear my thoughts of whatever little drama I had playing out in my spinny brain.

I still spend time here 29 months later but not usually at 2AM. I live near a major road and it's Saturday night and I'm wondering how many of the cars zipping by have altered drivers. I pray they all make it home safely tonight.

I can't be "in" without a picture. These dams were removed. No long boats were stranded in this event, and now neither are the salmon prevented from reaching their ancestral streams. Sometimes we get things right, albeit many decades too late.

The Elwa Dams, Washington

I'm going to try that sleep thing again...
Old 07-31-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ha. BigS - Twins!

"Second sleep." I like it. Kinda like siestas: leave it to Nature to give us ways. Does this mean I get a snack, too? Nah, cocoa - with cayenne pepper. mmmmm.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Beautiful day in London ahead

Thanks for the new part D
Old 07-31-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks for flipping us Dee.

Trees good work at SG. And I am glad you are stimulated by this weeks sober topic. I too find credibility to be something I regard extremely high and an area of deepest regret for my past. Letting someone down whom you love because of drugs or drinking is a wretched feeling. I also was drafting a post about that topic. I love to write and I have several topics going at a time for me to ponder. It keeps my brain sharper that way.

Cool and cloudy and periods of rain. Perfect day for house hunting! And of course.... COOKING!!!! Menu to follow.

K
Old 07-31-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Stunning photos, B.
Cayenne does wonders for the body.
A nice sipper is an ice cold spring water, a splash of PURE maple syrup,
a lemon wedge and Cayenne; adjusted to taste of course.
Great opposites.
And let's not forget Fenugreek, as well.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Love the pics bimini!

Happy Sober Sunday everyone
Old 07-31-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning, folks! Going to be a nice day here. I'll hike to gather my thoughts, then have a tough talk with Handyman. These past few days without much contact with him have been good. I feel myself again. That tells me something important.

Hope everyone has a great morning!
Old 07-31-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Hope everybody is having a good weekend.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Good morning everyone.