Notices

Weird dream

Old 05-08-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weird dream

I had a great night last night... Especially because I was a doing what I love to do (playing music) in addition I was in a bar all night and didn't drink!

I did sit at the bar for a while when the first band was playing ... I drank Cola and really didn't have desire to drink anything else. It was very interesting observing the others ... The dynamics of a busy bar is interesting ( when you are sober). Bartenders work hard and sometimes replace empty drinks with fresh without hardly being asked by the patron... I guess they were regulars? Plus it was entertaining to watch the people .... Mostly having fun. But I was secretly having pity for them ... Thinking how they would feel in morning or later night. Also scary!... Thinking how they were all going to get home.

I got home by 1:30am exhausted and slept until 8am.... But had a weird dream right before I woke up...... I dreamt that I had drank shots of tequila and beer last night and dreaded the morning because I "slipped" and ruined my 2+ weeks of sobriety.....

Whew.....It was just a dream!

I really am sober and today is day 17!

Thanks SR and Hope you all have a great day.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Easy2slip View Post

I was secretly having pity for them .

But had a weird dream right before I woke up...... I dreamt that I had drank shots of tequila and beer last night and dreaded the morning because I "slipped" and ruined my 2+ weeks of sobriety.....
Well, from what I have heard around
most of us in recovery will have some uncomfortable dreams
from time to time.
8 years sober and I still get hit occasionally.

Nice waking up and realizing that it was only a dream.

By the grace of God there go I.

MB
Old 05-08-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

Using dreams are normal.

Take care with playing in bars. I had to put that on the back burner for some time now. I have only been playing fairs the past few years.

Keep at it. This disease plays for keeps. The longer I've been in recovery the more faces "he's gone" evokes.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah... I think I was being a little bold by sitting at the bar. I guess I was just seeing if I can do it. I knew I wasn't going to drink last night. Kinda testing myself .... But if I wasn't on my guard , it could have went the other way.

The dream may have been something that I have been " dreaming of" ... You know catching a buzz.

Like today, when I went for grocery store and thought how nice it would be to have a glass of wine on the back deck..... Such a nice sunny day.

But I know ... I can still enjoy the back yard with a soft drink just as well..
Old 05-08-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

You know what the difference between you sitting at the bar and a toddler playing in the middle of a busy intersection at night is?

The toddler is safer.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you got through Easy
that being said - like Ivan Mike says - respect your enemy.

I'm a muso too, but if I play a bar, I'm very focused now on why I'm there - to play music.

I took a year off after I got sober - I needed to know my recovery was strong enough to withstand anything.

I wouldn't sit at the bar - especially not at 17 days.

To be honest, that's a little cocky, and my addiction loves cocky - it can really play with that.

There will be nights when you'll be tested - it's a given - no sense in turning up the heat when you don't have to.

it's best to have a plan ready for when the band gets free drinks, or someone offers you a drink and won't say no, or they get insulted when you say no...or when you really feel the urge to drink and 'just one' seems like the most reasonable thing in the world.

Be ready - and don't underestimate this thing.

D