Notices

8 months clean woohoo

Old 05-04-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

8 months clean woohoo

about a week ago i hit the 8 month mark of being off oxycodone/pain pills. i havent been on for a while because i lost all my bookmarked pages. ive only took 5mg of vicodin the past 8 months because of my wisdom tooth smashing my gums for 3 weeks straight but realized it didnt even help with the pain and stuck with ibprofin.

im still on clonazapam for my anxiety. i dont want to be on them, im waiting for the right moment to detox myself off those. i think my anxiety is mostly benzo withdrawals. ive tried every single depression/anxiety pill and they all made me feel worse. i think i should let nature take its course and not be on anything but ibprofin for my back and rib flare ups.

still in tons of pain which i take one or 2 big ibprofins a day. my right side back has been out of place or something for 2 months straight ive only had 2 days without pain.

ive got my exercising up, despite having rib pain and/or anxiety breathing pains im able to make it 2.30 miles walking at most. recently im trying to bike and its exhausting!!! 8 months of recovery and im still not in shape yet lol. but now i can do roughly 2.30 miles walking within 45 minutes. when i first started i could only do about .30 miles in a hour and my lung felt like it was being stabbed. so thats a pretty big improvement.

life is extremely slow and unsocial these days. i just cant seem to knock out this anxiety. i havent actually hung out with someone in over a year and a half. making plans and etc is useless. but im driving again finally, cutting my grass (cant weedeat still), can go shopping and in public. im venturing out and seeing what i can handle and continuously trying to feel better

if nobody knows my story, 8 months ago i was confined to my bed for close to a year with rib and back issues while on pain meds, nobody could figure out my issue. myself, i realized the pain meds were making my breathing worse so i had to detox myself while injured. i pretty much lost all of 2015. i learned i had a dependance though and not a addiction ive pretty much had 0 cravings for oxycodone at all. just really sucks living in pain but oh well ill manage i guess.

so i dunno maybe this will help someone. i was on pain meds for over 10 years. took at most around 20,000 pills total. had a extremely high dependance issue and pain. its possible to kick the ****. alot of my body aches are gone. todays the first day i had a migraine in months i use to get them everyday. i see life at a whole diff perspective now.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good job on 8 months! As far as being social and meeting people I know AA has a lot of camaraderie and events you can get involved in after meetings..I am not familiar with NA but I am sure you can meet people there...aside from that you can join groups and use meetup.com...I am glad you are getting off all your meds gradually...I did my final paper in college on the negative effects of anxiety/depression medication (there is a lot!)...I advise you to still have some type of talk therapy though as you get off the meds..Also, good job on getting your exercise up! I have to do that as well. Btw, my DOC was Meth and I have been doing great since getting off the devils drug. I appreciate your story/update...Don't let boredom get to you though make exciting plans and put yourself out there!
Old 05-04-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

8 months - that's wonderful news, CC.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. 8 months is amazing.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 months and for overcoming such a hard obstacle.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Cobra Commander

D
Old 05-05-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's fantastic CC, really motivating.

Stay strong
Old 05-06-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on 8 months
Old 05-14-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skywalker91 View Post
good job on 8 months! As far as being social and meeting people I know AA has a lot of camaraderie and events you can get involved in after meetings..I am not familiar with NA but I am sure you can meet people there...aside from that you can join groups and use meetup.com...I am glad you are getting off all your meds gradually...I did my final paper in college on the negative effects of anxiety/depression medication (there is a lot!)...I advise you to still have some type of talk therapy though as you get off the meds..Also, good job on getting your exercise up! I have to do that as well. Btw, my DOC was Meth and I have been doing great since getting off the devils drug. I appreciate your story/update...Don't let boredom get to you though make exciting plans and put yourself out there!
thanks everyone. i just browsed that meetup site i might have to check it out. im still having minor issues leaving and going out. i feel like ive been a different person the past 10 years, and now being sober im back to who i was before hand. life slows down tremendously, im not trying to do 30 things at once anymore. i couldnt even if i wanted to lol. im like a turtle now. so its weird trying to get my mindframe back to how i thought about everything as a normal person before pills and trying to remember what the average person does everyday. i have to keep thinking what did i do after i graduated highschool and how did i deal with life then. getting old sucks lol
Old 05-18-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations dude!!!!!

I'm pushing 10 months off the codeine and 12 months off the Xanax.

Don't know which was harder, but keep up the Awesome job
Old 05-20-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

8 months! Nice work! Only a few more till the big 1 year rolls around.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great work cobra - inspiring stuff reading that keep up the great work