View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CobraCommander

Originally Posted by skywalker91 View Post
good job on 8 months! As far as being social and meeting people I know AA has a lot of camaraderie and events you can get involved in after meetings..I am not familiar with NA but I am sure you can meet people there...aside from that you can join groups and use meetup.com...I am glad you are getting off all your meds gradually...I did my final paper in college on the negative effects of anxiety/depression medication (there is a lot!)...I advise you to still have some type of talk therapy though as you get off the meds..Also, good job on getting your exercise up! I have to do that as well. Btw, my DOC was Meth and I have been doing great since getting off the devils drug. I appreciate your story/update...Don't let boredom get to you though make exciting plans and put yourself out there!
thanks everyone. i just browsed that meetup site i might have to check it out. im still having minor issues leaving and going out. i feel like ive been a different person the past 10 years, and now being sober im back to who i was before hand. life slows down tremendously, im not trying to do 30 things at once anymore. i couldnt even if i wanted to lol. im like a turtle now. so its weird trying to get my mindframe back to how i thought about everything as a normal person before pills and trying to remember what the average person does everyday. i have to keep thinking what did i do after i graduated highschool and how did i deal with life then. getting old sucks lol