View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CobraCommander

8 months clean woohoo

about a week ago i hit the 8 month mark of being off oxycodone/pain pills. i havent been on for a while because i lost all my bookmarked pages. ive only took 5mg of vicodin the past 8 months because of my wisdom tooth smashing my gums for 3 weeks straight but realized it didnt even help with the pain and stuck with ibprofin.

im still on clonazapam for my anxiety. i dont want to be on them, im waiting for the right moment to detox myself off those. i think my anxiety is mostly benzo withdrawals. ive tried every single depression/anxiety pill and they all made me feel worse. i think i should let nature take its course and not be on anything but ibprofin for my back and rib flare ups.

still in tons of pain which i take one or 2 big ibprofins a day. my right side back has been out of place or something for 2 months straight ive only had 2 days without pain.

ive got my exercising up, despite having rib pain and/or anxiety breathing pains im able to make it 2.30 miles walking at most. recently im trying to bike and its exhausting!!! 8 months of recovery and im still not in shape yet lol. but now i can do roughly 2.30 miles walking within 45 minutes. when i first started i could only do about .30 miles in a hour and my lung felt like it was being stabbed. so thats a pretty big improvement.

life is extremely slow and unsocial these days. i just cant seem to knock out this anxiety. i havent actually hung out with someone in over a year and a half. making plans and etc is useless. but im driving again finally, cutting my grass (cant weedeat still), can go shopping and in public. im venturing out and seeing what i can handle and continuously trying to feel better

if nobody knows my story, 8 months ago i was confined to my bed for close to a year with rib and back issues while on pain meds, nobody could figure out my issue. myself, i realized the pain meds were making my breathing worse so i had to detox myself while injured. i pretty much lost all of 2015. i learned i had a dependance though and not a addiction ive pretty much had 0 cravings for oxycodone at all. just really sucks living in pain but oh well ill manage i guess.

so i dunno maybe this will help someone. i was on pain meds for over 10 years. took at most around 20,000 pills total. had a extremely high dependance issue and pain. its possible to kick the ****. alot of my body aches are gone. todays the first day i had a migraine in months i use to get them everyday. i see life at a whole diff perspective now.