Notices

Two Weeks yeah

Old 04-16-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two Weeks yeah

So afternoon of two weeks and feeling awesome atm. I finally pushed myself and went for a long walk and felt so good. Exercise definately helps. Thank you to everyone on SR who helped me with encouragement and support. Big Hugs
Old 04-16-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great Cista - congrats

D
Old 04-16-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Cista
Old 04-16-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats!
Old 04-16-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Congrats.

You sound physically clean.

You have to fight to stay clean now. The crave will come.

Make a plan. Build a sober life.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My first Sunday morning (in many years) I have woken early and feel grateful I am not sleeping til mid morning and waking up head screwed and foggy looking for pills. BIG milestone for me.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You're so right about the exercise, Cista. I'm so glad we don't abuse ourselves anymore. Congrats on your 2 wks.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cista, thank you for sharing your new changes with us. This is great!!! It keeps getting better and better. Trust me on that one. I haven't taken a pill since jan 22 (opiates are my DOC). What are you doing to help you stay sober? Please keep posting. It helps all of us. Proud of you!
Old 04-17-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Starting to feel a little bit hopeful about my future....first time in ages. After so long I forgot who I am without the numbness. Day by day it is getting a little better. I do get cravings and I am working on mindfulness technique. Deep down I know there is a better life.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

good for you and for having a cheerful POSITIVE attitude about recovery!!!
Old 04-19-2016, 01:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Got totally disrespected by a family member today. I thought it would be a big trigger but I didnt even think about popping anything. So far so good.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thats amazing. learning to live life on lifes terms is huge. dealing with others, realising you are powerless over them is big!! I am so proud of you. It will get easier. Meetings?
Old 04-19-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on your accomplishment! Good luck in the future!
Old 04-21-2016, 02:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone I thought I'd check in and say Im doing ok. Still problems with energy/motivation but its still better than a week ago. Each day I set a task to complete and push myself to achieve it. The mental battle rages on but accepting my limitations is an ongoing battle. I have been on leave from work for over a week. It has been good for my physical recovery but now Im really looking forward to getting back to work in a few days.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good stuff!
Old 04-21-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hey Cista,
Congrats. Just keep trying. If you want it, it can happen. Magic
Old 04-22-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and thank you for the awesome support..so three weeks tomorrow. But right now I need some words of wisdom. Today I felt so unmotivated. I know I have the energy to do things but I did the bare minimum all day and now I'm feeling frustrated with my recovery. I have no intention of ever popping my DOC. Just feeling flat. Will it get better and any rough ideas of how long?
Old 04-22-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

This will pass. Keep in mind, you didn't become an addict overnight. As addicts we want everything RIGHT NOW. Have a hard time waiting things out. Put on some nice music or funny movie, be nice to yourself. this too shall pass. I keep a journal on my desk at work. Right down my moods. With 90 days off opiates it has gotten so much better but I still have times where I can be happy one moment then dead the next. Or headaches. I was thinking last night that maybe I shouldn't analyse it so much. Why am I so worried if I don't feel good. Lord nothing is like a detox from opiates, if a little off energy is making me crazy, I need to reset my day. These were my thoughts just last night. I think this is also our disease thinking.

You are doing amazing. Be proud. I hope you can get into the NA program. in your city. Truly it will make your life so much easier. I love getting to a meeting, sitting there listening. There are online meetings too. Just get a Skype account and listen.

Hang in there.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you Finaltime you are right. Over thinking my recovery and having too many expectations with 'milestones' is putting too much pressure on myself. I need to appreciate the here and now.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

So passed three weeks yesterday and worked out why I was so flat the other day. I was too busy waiting impatiently to BE better I lost sight of the rest of my health and wellbeing.

Off to work tomorrow and feel excited and scared. Big test with my motivation and energy levels. Will let you all know how it goes.

Wow looking back to my rock bottom 3 weeks ago it has been a crazy hard time. Just need to keep moving forward. Never want to pop pills again. Thanks everyone for you support.