Notices

I want to quit again, but i keep failing

Old 04-11-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want to quit again, but i keep failing

I'm back to binge drinking, and I hate it. I was sober for 2 yrs and I think it was the worse 2 years of my life, I started back slowly and now I'm drunk all day long. I can't get enough beer enough in my system and then I want more. I hate my husband, and I drink to get me through the day. We can't divorce because of financial reason. We were separated 2 times before and he came back under false reasons, his pension. He even moved back home and started an affair with another woman, what a creep I'm married to. If I had the money I'd be gone, like the movie stars do.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I moved your thread to the Newcomers Forum where you will find more support.

I'm sorry that you feel stuck in an unhappy marriage and feel that there is no way out. Do you want to stop drinking? If so, we are here to support you.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you have children together, or is it just the two of you. Is there somewhere else you can go for a while where you will feel supported as you work on your sobriety?
Old 04-11-2016, 10:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

I can't and won't give any relationship advice, but one thing I've learnt in my still-new recovery is that drinking never improves any difficulties. So the only advice I can give is commit to sobriety, get through the brainfog, and then assess you marriage through clear eyes.

Decisions influenced by alcohol almost never turned out well for me.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Having a plan will really help

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 04-12-2016, 01:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I couldn't get sober until I finally wanted to be sober more than I wanted to drink.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for the difficult time you are going through.

I know it seems as though you cannot get out of the marriage. But you can. I'm sure it'll take a lot of hard work, but so does anything else worth while, sobriety included.

Good luck and I hope you the best. Hugs.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Do you want to quit drinking? Two years is a pretty long stretch to go without a drink so you know you CAN do it. Maybe it wasn't all you thought it might be. If you quit, what can you add to make it a far better experience?

I don't know your finances or why you can't get a divorce right now. In my experience, I was afraid to walk away from my marriage when it wasn't working out. I feared being able to make it on my own so I stayed. Fear kept me trapped. And I kept drinking. Drinking costs a lot of money, whether you're going out to bars or hiding at home. It adds up.

I can't say that getting sober is going to make you hate your husband any less. I can't say that your life will immediately become a bed of roses. That doesn't happen. But if you are sober you can make better plans, make better decisions, and have more money to do it with. There are options.

Welcome back.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome back Taylord

Like a couple pf people have said already I think you'd be far better able to make decisions about your life if you get a little sobriety behind you.

Nothing much will change while you're drinking, I'm afraid?

You'll find a ton of support here

D
D