Notices

The worse....has come true

Old 04-03-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The worse....has come true

So I was initially thinking today that this is the worse I've ever been...

Then on reflection....it's not. I've put my self in some awful, tragic situations.

I wonder am I addicted to drama. I felt invisible as a child in a big big dysfuncional family. The things I do with the booze insure that I'm not invisible. It gives me confirmation.

If I push things too far...right now there is no safety net. I'm ****** if I don't stop.

You could say I'm in the picture perfect definition of denial.....something I did while drunk came back to haunt me. This was five years ago. Anyway, I was fined. I didn't pay the final installment in March. I have the money but I was on these benders. It needs to be paid and hopefully it's not a big deal that it's late...

On a positive I "picked up" a new girl last night. How cool am I? that was after telling a girl yesterday who "wanted another chance to try for real" that she was the weakest link, goodbye (she didn't live up to my expectations) how cool am I? Why am I saying this? My ego thinks I'm cool but my rational mind is aware that I'm causing havoc.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Perhaps you could speak with a counselor to try and work through some of these issues? Sounds like a lot to have on your plate when you need to be focusing on your sobriety first and foremost.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by TheCrimsonKing View Post

If I push things too far...right now there is no safety net. I'm ****** if I don't stop.
I think everyone gets to the point where they realize that they can no longer drink without facing some serious consequences. But realizations don't keep us sober. A plan of action and change does. What's yours?
Old 04-03-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you got a sober plan CK ?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
Old 04-03-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
I think everyone gets to the point where they realize that they can no longer drink without facing some serious consequences. But realizations don't keep us sober. A plan of action and change does. What's yours?
Well I obviously don't have one. What I do have is guilt and bad feelings and they are not doing me any favors. I need to break this cycle. this is a bad moment. I've made a couple of terrible mistakes.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

CK i think now is the time to write up a plan & stick to it

Reinforce your sobriety, good luck
Old 04-03-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
CK i think now is the time to write up a plan & stick to it

Reinforce your sobriety, good luck
How?

how do I break this speal?
Old 04-03-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You just said it yourself "you need to break this cycle" You can. We have faith.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Court jester

How?

how do I break this speal?
You simply stop drinking. No magic pills, no books to figure it out. You just do it. If you need to do so under a doctor's supervision, make the appointment. Find support whether online or at local support groups. I would recommend AA to start. Get to meetings. Talk to people. Let them know what you are going through. Do the same thing here. Take it one step at a time, but that first step has to be stop drinking.

We have all been there my friend and we will be here for you every step of the way!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ok so am I correct in guessing that you didn't pick up a new woman at an aa meeting? Then if it was in a bar, it would logically follow that you were drinking? Not an assumption, it's just that when an alcoholic goes out they either stay sober and are proud, or we don't say anything at all, which more often than not means we drank. In any case, it's typically recommends we make no life changes in early sobriety. Well no life changes besides the obvious stop drinking bit...

Other posters are right. There's no magic pill, there's no perfect method, there's no magical epiphany that suddenly, out of nowhere, we want to stop drinking. But you are right too, it has to be done and quick. The shift needs to be now.

The shift isn't outside man, it's in you. Use that ego for good and be smart enough to understand that no amount of analysis will sober you up. I tried all of that, and all it got me was drunk.

The sooner we acknowledge we have no power, strangely, the quicker we understand that control is pointless. When we understand that, the other stuff starts to come. Like the willingness to do whatever it takes. If you don't drink today, and tomorrow you don't drink "today," this will start to make sense.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Ok so am I correct in guessing that you didn't pick up a new woman at an aa meeting? Then if it was in a bar, it would logically follow that you were drinking? Not an assumption, it's just that when an alcoholic goes out they either stay sober and are proud, or we don't say anything at all, which more often than not means we drank. In any case, it's typically recommends we make no life changes in early sobriety. Well no life changes besides the obvious stop drinking bit...

Other posters are right. There's no magic pill, there's no perfect method, there's no magical epiphany that suddenly, out of nowhere, we want to stop drinking. But you are right too, it has to be done and quick. The shift needs to be now.

The shift isn't outside man, it's in you. Use that ego for good and be smart enough to understand that no amount of analysis will sober you up. I tried all of that, and all it got me was drunk.

The sooner we acknowledge we have no power, strangely, the quicker we understand that control is pointless. When we understand that, the other stuff starts to come. Like the willingness to do whatever it takes. If you don't drink today, and tomorrow you don't drink "today," this will start to make sense.
Yes it was in a bar. Initially I went out to eat. I'm a "player" in a sense. I can't seem to switch it off, even though I'd like to take a break. It makes me feel great. I feel like a lion..
Old 04-03-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes it was in a bar. Initially I went out to eat. I'm a "player" in a sense. I can't seem to switch it off, even though I'd like to take a break. It makes me feel great. I feel like a lion..
that said, I have so much regret, it feels like somone is cutting my heart
Old 04-03-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sounds like it's not really worth it, in that context...

They say no changes in the first year of sobriety. A year feels like forever at first!! But I found that to be good advise. So for single people, it means no new relationships. For me, it meant stay with my partner. I can tell ya, that was tough! I wanted out, I was itching for something different, I was just plain itching for anything since I couldn't have booze. Plus there was all this relationship baggage with me being drunk for so much of it, what a load of crap to wade through! But I'm so glad we did.

The moral of the story, which won't come as a surprise: sometimes the things that make you feel better on the short term (picking up women, drinking) really suck in the long term. And conversely, some things that suck on the short term will make your life SO MUCH BETTER with some patience and humility.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it depends on how much you're prepared to change CK.
How badly do you want to be addiction free (I don;t need to know - you need to ask yourself)

If you can't stop going to bars and picking up women, then there's not going to be much change with either of your addictions, yeah?

D