A month of quacking

Old 08-12-2004, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

A month of quacking

I got hit hard with quacking this past couple of months and I was out of practice. It's like riding a bike though. You never forget how once you've taken the risk and learned to do it.

First it was a DUI and threatening a policeman. Then it was the new codie girlfriend begging for bail money. Then it was the very high blood pressure. I did buy the medication for that one. Then the codie girlfriend's expectations fell through and she evicted him. Then came the restraining order. Then she was fired because he called the apartment owner. He was going to be homeless and needed money. I had to put the gear on for that one and slap myself a few times. So I've succeeded so far to keep myself and my boundaries in place.

No bail money
(He got himself into it he can get himself out)
No rent money
(He got himself into it he can get himself out)
No sympathy
(If he won't do a damn thing to help himself then there is nothing I can do for him) "I will...I will" just doesn't cut it. Also "I'm not drinking that much" doesn't cut it either.

I need to remember to stick to my boundaries. I allow myself to buy his medication so he doesn't die and I will feed him if he is starving to death. I buy him a jacket, gloves, hat, shoes for the winter every year because he never has them from the year before. (This is something I do for myself..it's a codie thing that makes me feel better and doesn't enable him too much)

I pray for him every day knowing that his life is in danger from the severe alcoholism. I also know without a doubt that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. That brings me comfort in a way. His recovery doesn't rest on my shoulders. If it did he would be cured by now.

Hugs to all,
MG

Old 08-12-2004, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

I know the feeling MG,
It still amazes me that they can't see the truth. Thank God we have each other. If it wasn't for the wonderful people in my life these days, I'd still be on that rollercoaster. My heart and prayers are with you and yours. Hugs, Magic
Old 08-12-2004, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh MG, if their recovery rested on our shoulders, they would all be cured right now. But it doesn't, so we do the best we can with our boundaries and love and let God take care of the rest.
Hugs MG...big hugs.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((MG)))

You are amazing and your recovery shines!!! I remember when you and I both got here, within a day or two of each other, and how much drama we each had and participated in, in our lives. We've come a long way baby.

I think we have both hit that quiet sadness point where we know that all we can do is pray each day that they find their way soon. I honestly believe that their odds improved when we let go and let God.

Trust Him, MG, and know that I pray for your son and all our children every night. And God bless every mother of an addict.

Hugs and love
Ann
Old 08-13-2004, 02:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

**********{MG}}}}}}!!!!!!!!

I pray that some day that boy of yours realizes what a awsome Mom he has!!
You are doing a super job at setting your boundaries.I am saying prayers that he will come around. I always knew you were a strong woman but the strength you have gained in the past year is amazing.We are all here for you!!

Love,hugs and prayers always,
matters
Old 08-13-2004, 02:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((Morning Glory))))))))))))))))

Ngaire
Old 08-13-2004, 02:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

(( MG ))

I agree with the others. Your recovery shines. And we moms have to do what we can be ok with - I think the coat and gloves and a bit of food is just fine. You have good boundaries that you can live with, and you love your son even while you HATE his behavior.

Hugs and love from mom to mom
Barb
Old 08-13-2004, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((( Mg! )))
Old 08-13-2004, 08:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

MG...I was going have to ask you...I am so glad you posted.

You sound like me. I can't say that is a good thing but I can't say it is bad either. You just get tired of the chaos and when you realize you have choices you take them.

You had a huge break and had some time to see what life could be like without the garbage. Good for you for not stepping back into the dumpster!

I will be there in Oct when Beav gets out of jail...I pray I can be just like MG!

((Huge Hugs))
JT
Old 08-14-2004, 06:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

When I grow up, I want to be just like MG too. She has got it going on. You too JT. It's good to have role models. Hugs, Magic
Old 08-15-2004, 01:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

****{MG}}}

The strength you have gained IS amazing. I'm sorry you've been hit with the quacking, but so proud of you for the way you've handled it. It's so hard not to waver when that train starts a coming.

"No sympathy
(If he won't do a damn thing to help himself then there is nothing I can do for him)"

Ya, I have to remember that with my boys as well.

Hugs and prayers for you and your son.

deedee