View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

A month of quacking

I got hit hard with quacking this past couple of months and I was out of practice. It's like riding a bike though. You never forget how once you've taken the risk and learned to do it.

First it was a DUI and threatening a policeman. Then it was the new codie girlfriend begging for bail money. Then it was the very high blood pressure. I did buy the medication for that one. Then the codie girlfriend's expectations fell through and she evicted him. Then came the restraining order. Then she was fired because he called the apartment owner. He was going to be homeless and needed money. I had to put the gear on for that one and slap myself a few times. So I've succeeded so far to keep myself and my boundaries in place.

No bail money
(He got himself into it he can get himself out)
No rent money
(He got himself into it he can get himself out)
No sympathy
(If he won't do a damn thing to help himself then there is nothing I can do for him) "I will...I will" just doesn't cut it. Also "I'm not drinking that much" doesn't cut it either.

I need to remember to stick to my boundaries. I allow myself to buy his medication so he doesn't die and I will feed him if he is starving to death. I buy him a jacket, gloves, hat, shoes for the winter every year because he never has them from the year before. (This is something I do for myself..it's a codie thing that makes me feel better and doesn't enable him too much)

I pray for him every day knowing that his life is in danger from the severe alcoholism. I also know without a doubt that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. That brings me comfort in a way. His recovery doesn't rest on my shoulders. If it did he would be cured by now.

Hugs to all,
MG