What drug causes sores, scratching or picking?

Old 11-12-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What drug causes sores, scratching or picking?

Some of you may have saw my very first post on this forum yesterday
"Just Discovered my husband's addiction". I know that he's used cocaine but I don't know if any other drugs are playing a role for sure or if the cocaine is his primary drug of choice. He's had for months these roundish about dime to nickel size "sores" on his arms and sometimes his face. They appeared around this past March seemly suddenly but we are separated so they may have only seemed to show up overnight to me since we weren't seeing each other a lot. He explained it away to me as an allergic reaction to "bad flour" at work but they never went away (and no, I did not fall for his explanation). I don't know if he picks at them because they appear or they appear because he just scratches himself. I'm reading a lot about drugs right now but I haven't pinned down if any drugs caused this. His teeth are starting to rot also. That seemed to happen pretty quickly. He had to have 3 pulled about a month ago. If anyone has knowledge of what causes this stuff, would you please share with me?
Old 11-12-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like meth.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like crystal meth to me. Take a look at these websites.

Signs of Methamphetamine, Addiction & Effects of Meth - Meth Project

What is Methamphetamine? What is Crystal Meth? How is Meth Used? - Drug-Free World

I am sorry for what's brought you here. I hope you will keep reading and posting. There's a whole lot of wisdom here. Take care.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It could be meth, cocaine, or heroin. You wont know for sure what it is until you can identify it on a drug test.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Sounds like meth
Old 11-12-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

From what I've been reading, I feared that maybe meth was involved too besides cocaine but I don't know anything about drugs and am find that some of his symptoms seem to be characteristic of several things. Thank you all for responding.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waitingforhope View Post
Some of you may have saw my very first post on this forum yesterday "Just Discovered my husband's addiction". I know that he's used cocaine but I don't know if any other drugs are playing a role for sure or if the cocaine is his primary drug of choice. He's had for months these roundish about dime to nickel size "sores" on his arms and sometimes his face. They appeared around this past March seemly suddenly but we are separated so they may have only seemed to show up overnight to me since we weren't seeing each other a lot. He explained it away to me as an allergic reaction to "bad flour" at work but they never went away (and no, I did not fall for his explanation). I don't know if he picks at them because they appear or they appear because he just scratches himself. I'm reading a lot about drugs right now but I haven't pinned down if any drugs caused this. His teeth are starting to rot also. That seemed to happen pretty quickly. He had to have 3 pulled about a month ago. If anyone has knowledge of what causes this stuff, would you please share with me?
sounds like meth or heroin. Whenever my daughter was on Berlin she picked at herself. Sores all over. :/. If it's meth his teeth will look horrible. If it's just sores it's probably heroin.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

His teeth do look terrible and they are deteriorating rapidly.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It could be a combination of drugs like you said. I hope hes willing to get help for his addiction before it gets worse.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Agree, the first guess is meth.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the links GardenMama and I hate to admit it, he has so many of the meth symptoms.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The more I read, it sounds like a combo of cocaine and meth, possibly crack cocaine
Old 11-12-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. I'm praying for you guys today.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Waiting, I can understand why you want to understand what is going on with him, but I hope you will save some of your energy for yourself! Whatever he's taking, it's clear from your earlier post that he is in a very bad way health-wise and not very welcoming toward you or open to your concerns/help. Maybe consider channeling the energy that you've been focusing on him into finding some help and support for yourself? I've heard it said that we, as loved ones of addicts, need to work the recovery that we wish our loved ones would work. Hugs!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

jjj
Old 11-12-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

repeat post
Old 11-12-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

repeat post--my connection went crazy!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

repeat post
Old 11-12-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

jjj- Thank you for your concern! I'm actually doing ok though. I'm trying to learn about drug addiction like others advised me and I was curious about his sores to be honest since they showed up around the same time as some other symptoms I thought were curious at the time but didn't question. I am going to my first Nar-Anon meeting Monday night. I finally found one reasonably close to me. I'm just at the beginning of this so I'm curious to learn about it. It's putting together the pieces for me and actually it's been somewhat of a relief in a strange sense. When I look in hindsight and what I'm learning about addiction, I can reasonably see it all makes sense now. I hate to say it but I blamed myself for so long for our marital problems, but now I know more about the 3rd party (drugs) that I was up against. I'm going through all the motions I think everyone must go through when their marriage is ending. I need to finish grieving a bit. Overall though, I'm focusing on myself and doing alright. I haven't given in and called the hospital or went there or tried calling him or any of the stuff I probably would have just a couple of months ago. It's been easier with people on here explaining to me why he does what he does and his thought processes. It's easier for me to see now it wasn't my fault and it really had nothing to do with me.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am not an expert but I don't think it sounds like just cocaine. My partner on cocaine has none of those symptoms...