What drug causes sores, scratching or picking?

Old 11-12-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Meth. But cocaine is largely adulterated with horrible stuff too. Google cocaine cattle dewormer to see how a former chemotherapy medication is causing major problems for some coke addicts, and some say it's in up to 40%.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My ex used heroin...and every time he got high he would scratch and pick at himself. Then a few days later he be covered in what looked like picked open acne. He would always say i stressed him out too much....I'm so sorry you're dealing with this...its tough to watch.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Waiting, I am glad you are going to a meeting and will find support for yourself and a wonderful program that will help you keep your balance when all around you falls down.

Sadly, it doesn't matter what drug he is taking, the life of an active addict is not one that is pleasantly shared. With the hell of addiction comes a lifestyle that fits and I have yet to see anyone not terribly hurt by remaining in a relationship with an active addict.

Let us know how your meeting works out for you. Meetings literally saved my life and even today, years after my son has been missing, I rely on the tools or recovery and the 12 steps to see me through tough moments in my life.

Hugs
Old 11-13-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you again everyone. On one hand it doesn't matter what he is taking, just that an addiction is there. On the other hand, I just want to know exactly what he is using besides the cocaine. I highly suspect meth combined with cocaine. From what I'm reading, it's two of the most dangerous and addictive drugs and especially when an addict is using both, a very difficult combo to beat. I don't know why I need to know right now what he's using besides the cocaine. I'm still just trying to sort this all out in my head. Today for some reason I'm struggling a bit more with anxiety and sadness than I did yesterday and the day before. I had a vague dream this about him this morning and actually woke up crying. I don't get why I'm fine one minute and then I just breakdown. I'm not feeling as strong this morning. I'm feeling abandoned.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

addicts ususally prefer one over the other, coke OR meth, but not both....my guess is he was willing to admit to using coke because it's more acceptable, when in fact he's been using meth......both are brutal drugs tho.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It could very well be just what you said. I looked up with drawl too now that he left the hospital and his behavior in that respect was more in line with meth.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ann I saw you mention to me and in several other posts that your son is missing for what seems to be a long time. You may have seen my other post that now my AH is missing as well. I don't know your story. It's been many years since you've seen your son? I can't imagine the heartbreak that must be. How do you come to terms with that? To my knowledge my husband hasn't been officially missing a full day yet I'm struggling with intense worry about him even though he scares me.