Notices

Kratom for Opiate W/D?

Old 09-04-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Kratom for Opiate W/D?

So I've done some research today because my W/D today has been annoying

There is a big hype over this Kratom stuff any experiences out there?
Old 09-04-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

. . . no personal experience, but there was a couple of threads this evening coincidently about addiction to it!!

Have you checked in with a Dr to get some medication for the withdrawals?

Best being safe!!
Old 09-04-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've tried Subutex and all that couldn't afford it...but it worked great had zero W/D or Cravings actually the thought of a lortab made me sick...but its just as addicting and it makes you just as high as a pain killer so of course it worked..I smoke marijuana still to help and some may disagree but I think its very beneficial to the process and I will eat anything natural including Magic Mushrooms there's alot of things out there and kratom is presumed to be the closest thing to an opiate and its legal and natural of course anything can be habit forming but there is no proven psychological dependence
Old 09-04-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 09-04-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 09-04-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

One thing I will say about Subutex is it keeps you off the "target" opiate and for me I could barely take one 4mg pill not nod out...but that's better then 10-10mg tabs and all the Tylenol ruining your liver
Old 09-04-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by TitansFreak View Post
I've tried Subutex and all that couldn't afford it...but it worked great had zero W/D or Cravings actually the thought of a lortab made me sick...but its just as addicting and it makes you just as high as a pain killer so of course it worked..I smoke marijuana still to help and some may disagree but I think its very beneficial to the process and I will eat anything natural including Magic Mushrooms there's alot of things out there and kratom is presumed to be the closest thing to an opiate and its legal and natural of course anything can be habit forming but there is no proven psychological dependence
This is a sobriety website not a get around it website

I have experience and am going through this with someone and they are going rehab to get off subitex so they can have a sober life without anything else
Old 09-04-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Correct. Sorry some probably didn't want to read that
Old 09-04-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

So how are you planning to get sober I have seen how awful this is at its worst I nearly had someone die on me thru this

I truly believe with help you don't need to put anything in your body except minerals and viimins which the body does need

Good luck in getting sober
Old 09-04-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just because something's legal doesn't make it good.

There's several thousand alcoholics and prescription pill addicts here that can attest to that.

Personally I think withdrawal is supposed to suck.
Sometimes trying to avoid that can get you into more trouble.

D
Old 09-04-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm on nothing now lol..except marijuana and vitamins like I said I don't believe in subutex sorry if that was confused..magic mushrooms is something I rarely use and its for spiritual journey I'm half Cherokee Indian
Old 09-04-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

So you know of the old cherokee legend from which I got my name ?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

No but I will look it up.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

....thats pretty good surprised I've never heard of it thanks for the enlightenment!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Titans - if your description of opi withdrawal is that it is "annoying" why are you looking for something to ease symptoms? Are you chipping or do you have a solid habit? What specific opi are you coming off of?

If you are worried about the cost you could look at methadone versus suboxone. As a fair warning though, withdrawal from either of those is much more severe than "annoying". You can easily jump from the frying pan into the fire trying to ease withdrawal symptoms.

I don't have any personal experience with Kratom, but others on here have caught habits from it.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

No brother my addiction is 6 years of 100mg a day of percocet. Sometimes lortab or Roxycontin depending what was available.. I find undermining the devil inside me makes it easier for me...methadone that's a hell no seen my mother almost die from the w/d
Old 09-04-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Apologies. I didn't mean to come across as offensive. I missed your earlier post regarding the 4mg sub. Still, as far as cost goes I can't imagine the 10 percs / day are cheap. I'm not so well versed on pill pricing, but I have to think that 4 mg of subs is cheaper than 100 mg of oxy, no?

As far as the methadone goes I wasn't necessarily meaning long-term maintenance. I used a short term taper that was pretty effective.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yes but I'd spend and go on a week binge or longer and get sober for a few days and if you know anything about the restrictions on Subutex Suboxone Methadone in the state of TN its ridiculous.. You have a hard time finding a pharmacy that will fill it and they call everybody and your mama to verify it wasn't forged...plus 250 dollar psych vist 2x a month plus the group meeting another 100 a month and they will not write you over a 2 week script and that's over 200 that's 1000 a month for treatment.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You're right. I don't know the first thing about the restrictions in TN. That is high per month. If you were just going to use them to go on a bender then there is no point anyway.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

No man lmao ahhhhh....i couldn't even take a WHOLE SUBUTEX without passing out..i went on benders with PERCOCET lol