Notices

Losing my mind

Old 06-12-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Losing my mind

I Have lost it...smoking every day for the past few. I am Being reckless and so close to trouble doing stupid things that can't continue to go on.

I pray to stop this nightmare today
I pray to be honest
I pray to be kind
I pray to be willing to open up to the light
Old 06-12-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Your signature says stay in today. Forget yesterday. Today, don't smoke.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

This addiction has it's hooks in you deep. I pray you make the changes in your life that will enable you to put down the pipe.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Four you have to WANT to walk away from it now than anything in the world. You have to be willing to take drastic measures to stop. Do you WANT to stop? Are you willing to do whatever it takes? If you can't stop on your own, can you go to rehab? It sounds like you believe in God. I to prayed to stop but nothing came of it until I became willing and ready to put the free will I was given to use. YOU choose four. It may a disease but we still have to choose. And in order to choose we have to WANT it more than anything. I'm here for you.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

I'm so new at this four I can only offer what has worked me.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am glad you checked in and told us, four812. Telling someone is good. Are you seeing your therapist today?
Old 06-12-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You stepped up and came online . That was a step forward Yay
Old 06-12-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Four if you're still here...talk to us. You have the power inside you to stop this madness. Ok? But first and foremost you need to remove the source...you have to stop your supply. If that means opening up to someone....accountability, going to 90 in 90 days, moving away from it, blocking your dealer".....or whatever it takes.....because as long as you have access.......it's a done deal.

I could never not take a pill....while pills were lying around my house. I needed to get rid of my stash and come clean to my family. Figure out what YOU NEED to do.

You know how hard you plot and plan your next smoke right.....all that energy......brainstorming? Turn all of THAT into your recovery!

STAY with us.....we are here for you!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Yes I see my therapist today.

I don't know what to say right now

just checking in
Old 06-12-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Four I'm glad you are seeing your therapist.....tell him/her how you're struggling....get real about it like you do here....they can help you!

We are here too....whenever you feel that urge to smoke get on here and post about it.

Believe me we know how it feels...we know how strong those cravings can become.....but you are stronger then they are.....you really are.

What really helps me is playing that tape all the way thru to the end. Our addict brain wants us to remember only the good things about smoking....it wants to romanticize the drug and glorify its use.....but when we keep on going past all those good things.....to the consequences our using has on our lives......the problems we have at work.....or the relationship issues....fights.....the financial or legal problems.....health issues.....where our drug use has taken us and left us in huge pain. Those help to remind us that drugs are destroying our lives.

We can never ever go back to those times of early use when drugs only felt good with no consequences those times are over.....they never ever return....no matter how hard we chase our DOC.

Another tecnigue is urge surfing. Riding out our cravings. Sure they will come....but we have the power to not act upon them.

We can tell ourselves that using/smoking isn't an option anymore.....next? Next being our signal to do something else.

Ok those are just a few techniques I've learned here at SR.

Hugs never forget that you are not alone....we understand and care.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by four812 View Post
Thanks everyone. Yes I see my therapist today.
Does your therapist know the full extent of your addiction?
Old 06-12-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes my therapist knows everything about my current and past crack habit. The best I've had and I'm totally transparent with her she knows everything about everything
Old 06-12-2014, 10:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

How are you Four? I'm thinking about you always. How was your therapy appt? Keep fighting!
Old 06-13-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi mama
And good morning back at you
My therapy session was very good
Got into some things I never spoke aloud. In 6 short months I've revealed more of me to this therapist than in all my other 10 years or so if therapy

I feel pretty good this morning

Thanks for your support and care mama
Old 06-13-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

that's awesome to hear, four !!! Really happy for you ! Continue on with the GREAT work you're doing. I'm proud of you !