Notices

Do you think i will withdrawal?

Old 05-11-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do you think i will withdrawal?

Hello
Come the first time to this site.
I had five years sober. And I had a relapse for about a month, half a gram of heroin a day.
I had three days on subutex, then had a relapse one day, and then again i had 7 days clean taking subutex, and then yesterday i had another relapse, today i have no drugs or subutex, and i do not want to, but i 'm scared to withdrawal, what do you think? I'm feeling very anxious, and i do not know if the symptoms are real or mental. I'm very sad with this relapse, i started a new relashionship recently, and I'm afraid to ruin it. I told her about the relapse, but not the last one.
Do you think i will feel withdrawals again? I'm afraid to be with her ​​with withrawals, i said to her that I'm not taking neither subutex or heroin .. but she thinks I'm 10 days sober
Old 05-11-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I do not know what 1/2 gram of herion is compared to opiate pills.

I myself do get withdrawals. Worse of which is vomiting Be honest with yourself.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, half a gram during a month gives withrawals, but after that i was 3 days sober of heroin (with subutex), and a relapse at the forth, and then i had 7 more days sober (6 days with subutex) and yesterday had another relapse.. i'm afraid of withdrawals, and i have no more pills, and don't want to go buy more..
Old 05-11-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

each time you relapse- you then start over of sorts in your detox.

If I say you will have withdrawals- dont let this be a side effect- that just because I said...

with me- I been on a high enough does of opiate pills- that I go thru the crash quite a bit. It is no fun.

I also from time to time over consumer xanax. I just was at the nighbors but she is not home- I often have her to hold my rx so I dont abuse it.

mentally tho-- dont freak yourself out. but also dont use and expect there to be no payments.

it is a tough road my friend. I found the pills are as bad at the hard stuff.

In the end- your body- the cells have to hydrate and sort themself out.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Heroin has a nasty, NASTY hold once it latches on. All opiates (pain meds also) did for me. Before you worry about the withdrawals of today or even tomorrow, how absolutely important is it for you to be DONE. Clean & finished with heroin?

Also, what kind of willpower are you working with? Subutex is always the better of the 2, but you have to really be committed. You will also need to wean down off of the subutex once you have moved to that next step. I'd suggest that if you are committed to this, take the subutex & also enroll yourself in a program or support group to help with the bigger picture. NA is free & you can go to 3 meetings a day or 1 if you need.....
Old 05-11-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, thanks. I know that, i wanted a response to the question at hand. But of course i'm willing to read all your advices, as i said i was sober for more than 5 years, and yes i'm thinking of getting back to my therapist that helped me a lot 5 years ago... I believe that i will get over this and that this relapse will not be to strong and that i'm "killing it" at time, but i will not understimate this relapse and i will get help. But i'm worried about if i will withrawal or not, even that i know that this is a question that is not the big point in my situation, but i would like a answer to this... I will not lie, in the meawhile i've taken a xanax, and i'm feeling less anxious.... but this is not the answer, i was sober for more than 5 years without any pill, and that's what i want again for me.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My apologies. Ok, so i'll back up.... yes, I think you will have withdrawals. You'll prob have the anxiety for a few days, the cold sweats, leg aches & some sh*tty nights of sleep this week. However, if the xanex is helping, don't beat yourself up, especially if you are in need of it to ensure that you don't relapse.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No need for apology, i apreciatte and thank you a lot for the answer. Maybe i'll get another subutex, just in case.. so i will not feel like **** when i'm with her. And i will get some help. I must face the fact that i need it
Old 05-11-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jmms congrats on getting clean again. If you were on heroin then switched to subutex for those few days than most likely you will have some WD symptoms. That's just the way it is when you've been on opiates. But attitude plays a big part on how well you can pull thru. If I were you I'd see what happens...because all of us are different. You might not have it too bad. Maybe just a little discomfort....anxiety, restless legs, yawning or hot and cold sensations...a little insomnia....you've got the Xanax so that should help you with the anxiety and insomnia....if you can sleep thru some of it that helps too.

It looks like good things are happening for you right now....you've got a new girlfriend you want to keep so this can be your very last time. It's all up to you. Get thru these few days and you're home free. You never have to deal with this again! It's not like you've never gotten clean before....you had 5 years....that's awesome....so you know you can do this!

Good luck and stick around! We are here for you....you are not alone!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your words.
Yesterday i went and got more subutex, unfortunaly it wasn't my only buy..
I will start the detox again, and will try not to take the subutex unless i'm really in wd. but after yesterday, i'm sure i will.
I'm trying not to beat myself down and have a positive atittude. I'm sure i'll be back here in a few days to say that all worked ok. My only concern is that i will be with her in a few days and i will tell her that i'm still on subutex, but just because it helps with the anxiety and not because i relapse these two days.. She doesn't deserve the lie, she is a great friend.. But i will not relapse again, i truly believe. I will get some help, maybe return to teraphy or NA.
Thank you, once again
Old 05-12-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi JMMS. Welcome. I can see by your post you are feeling down about this relapse. Sorry for you.

Although people share their personal experiences, none of us are allowed to give medical advice. It's recommended here that you see a Doctor, just to be safe.

Please look after yourself and please don't take any risks doing this yourself with something as unpredictable as withdrawal.

Be well.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Croissant.
I understand that, only a doctor or someone with knowledge can give that kind of advice. Iwas looking for an opinion about if i was going to feel wd or not, and i was not looking to how to deal with that, i know that the proper way is to get medical help, but i will try this way, and get help in terms of dealing with it emocionaly.
Thanks
Old 05-12-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Don't you feel withdrawal when switching from H to subutex? I too played that game for a while and it sure does get old. What caused the relapse after 5 years? I have 2 years now and have no desire to go back, but I am not naive enough to think it couldn't happen. I was up to 2 grams of raw a day and if I was clean for a month and then used say a gram over 2 days I would definitely feel withdrawal. Now it was nowhere near as bad as if I had been on a two week bender, but sure as heck was not comfortable. I was able to make it through work, but felt like dogsh*t.

Be careful man you don't want to find yourself back to a daily habit. You sound like you are awfully close to going off the deep end!!!
Old 05-12-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi
No i didn't felt any wd while swithing.. many factores caused the relapse, but i assume my error. I felt fine for 4 years and a half, better than fine. But some stuff happened, and i ignored the signs.. yes, i will be careful, i don't wnat to go back to the life i once had. hope i will no go again.. today i didn't smoke, (but i finished smoking at 6 hours of the morning),still don't feel withdrawals or cravings, but i'm prepared for the worst.
Thanks
Old 05-13-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

24 hours since the last dose, i'm feeling very mild wd, i had to remember the why i was feeling sweats , cuz i didn' wake up thinking of H.. but i know what's coming...
i left the pc for a while before i continued the post, got myself clean and dressed, i'm feeling ok..... strangely ok..