Notices

Life is garbage.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life is garbage.

I have had enough of everything, I have been really happy with talking to people on this forum, everyone has been really cool. Life is just shi t . I really have had enough. I have no confidence left, I even don't want to post on here some times its a joke. I feel like im going insane. I don't want to kill my self but alcohol is doing my head in. If I had the guts I would kill my self but I don't, I want to live,im just really sad
Old 03-19-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your pain. Have you considered meeting people in real life who can help? AA or NA... or any other groups? Having someone to call and talk to helped me change my thinking.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bradley26, I'm willing to be an ear to talk to if that's what you feel you need, I'm not a recovering addict from alcohol but I am from hydrocodone, God will never bring you to something he won't get you through....hang in there, keep fighting the good fight, and have faith that The Lord father will get you through I'm here if you need to talk
Old 03-19-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Bradley,
Alcohol did my head in to until i quit it for good , even then it took some time for it's claws to let go .

Life can sometimes be painful but at least i don't have to make it worse for myself by drinking .

Don't give up on trying to make that change , there will be sunshiny days ahead , laughter and maybe even some love if your lucky .

Don't let those people who make life bad and grim win , they cannot re-posses your smile or heart , you can only give them away , don't let someone steal them .

Bestwishes, m
Old 03-19-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've been where you are.

I've been severely depressed and I know what you are feeling. It's terrible.

One thing I can guarantee is that is possible to get out this darkness, but you need HELP. Alone is to damn hard, if not impossible. Seek some help, my friend.

Life is really hard and I pretty much share your point of view (life is s h it), but it's possible to live with some peace of mind even in a crappy world like ours.

You deserve to live better and you can do it, sooner than you think!! What HELP do you have in mind?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It's horrible Bradley. I have been there but you can come out of the other end xxxx
Old 03-19-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Bradley are you drinking now? These feelings will pass, its not easy, I know, but they do
Old 03-19-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bradley, have you considered talking to your dr, or to look for a therapist? It could be that there are things that would help with your depression.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober Today

This is just how I felt right before I checked myself into a treatment center. Please talk to a medical professional about how you feel. This was the best thing I've ever done.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Felt the same exact way when I was drinking. Filled with despair and misery.

Good news is, you don't have to feel this way. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, IF you put the plug in the jug.

I promise.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bradley26 View Post
I have had enough of everything, I have been really happy with talking to people on this forum, everyone has been really cool. Life is just shi t . I really have had enough. I have no confidence left, I even don't want to post on here some times its a joke. I feel like im going insane. I don't want to kill my self but alcohol is doing my head in. If I had the guts I would kill my self but I don't, I want to live,im just really sad
I've felt that way at times when I was drinking. But it really doesn't have to be this way. Are you willing to fight for yourself? Try to make yourself see that things and your outlook can improve with time.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember feeling like you do Bradley very well.

It's a real cycle of despair.
Life's not garbage - not really...we just live a garbage life when we're drinking.

Are you sober again now?

D
Old 03-19-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Someone on SR listed several numbers that you could call for help. I hope they list them again for you. Maybe talking to someone will help. The longer you stay sober, the better you will feel. Right now, your AV is messing with you. Don't let it win!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bradley I understand too. I was so miserable and hopeless until I gave up thinking alcohol was going to help me feel better. It never will. Please don't give up hope - you can rise above this sad time and have a good life.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have felt the same despair, the same hopelessness. But not now that I'm sober. My life has meaning and value, even on the bad days I still have sometimes.

Yours can too if you put down the bottle. Get some real life help, please. Start by talking to your doctor if you have one. Or call the local counseling center.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanx for the replys everyone, Its been a bad day today. Im just really getting fed up. It seems like the same cycle. Don't drink for a coulpe months, , fall of the wagon, come on here and moan, fall of the wagon some more , then stop for a while and so on. I don't think I can do ot any longer.I must also say that life isn't rubbish it is a blessing , its just that at the moment it dosnt feel like it. x
Old 03-19-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It is exhausting Bradley, physically, mentally and emotionally and wouldn't be nice if life didn't have to be that way? It can be if we just take it day by day and have a bit of faith that things will turn out okay for us. I have had numerous slips but keep coming back here to remind me why I wanted to give up in the first place, and to see people being successful in doing it that give me hope. I am not a religious person but I feel there is someone up there looking after me. Let us all help you x
Old 03-19-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Bradley:
It's well known in medical circles that alcohol is a depressant. It doesn't make you feel better. It makes you feel worse. And the antidepressants that doctors can give you don't work when you're drinking. If you stop drinking, consult your doctor and/or consultant and hook up with others who are in recovery you'll begin to feel better. It's hard at first but it really works. Takes time, patience and guts. Good luck.

W.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Bradley - I'm with you today. Been sober a while now (1.5 years just about) and today feel like I've been hit by a truck of misery and sadness. It is weird because I haven't felt this way in a really long time and it is freaking me out a bit.

I am going to bed to escape it. Hoping for a brighter outlook tomorrow. And if it persists I will seek support because I know better than to fight with my own brain. Last time I did that I wound up a drunk in a relatively short period of time. I won't let that happen and neither should you. If you don't feel better seek help either by phone, in person or here online. I promise to do the same.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You're right Bradley; life IS a blessing. It's the alcohol, that is a depressant, that is making you feel like life is rubbish. You are among friends here who really understand what you are going through and so many of them are like guiding stars, showing us what it can be like if we can build a sober life.