Notices

Life is garbage.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that you are feeling sad. Everybody who has posted on this thread is so spot on about drinking--it takes a toll on us physically and emotionally. I don't think that I truly realized the impact until I had stopped drinking for several months. Please don't give up, Bradley. You can do break the cycle.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober from 11/19/13-1/18/14

I often feel the same. I was sober for 61 days and messed that up for myself. Now I'm back to drinking daily. Sober or not though life sucks.. but it is still a blessing like you say and has its wonderful moments.. which is what makes me not completely through in the towel.. that and my family whom I adore.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bradley26 View Post
Thanx for the replys everyone, Its been a bad day today. Im just really getting fed up. It seems like the same cycle. Don't drink for a coulpe months, , fall of the wagon, come on here and moan, fall of the wagon some more , then stop for a while and so on. I don't think I can do ot any longer.I must also say that life isn't rubbish it is a blessing , its just that at the moment it dosnt feel like it. x

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Life isn't garbage but sometimes we as though it is. It's fine to think it, it's even fine to say it! That's part of being mindful and present. Sometimes we just have to vent. The important thing is to acknowledge negative feelings but not letting them dictate our actions (especially to run to alcohol for solace).
Old 03-20-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking of you today Bradley - I'm hoping things will begin to look up for you. We all care - please keep posting.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I often feel the same way, that life is pointless and there's so much meaningless pain in the world. Alcohol doesn't help anything but it's not the only reason for misery either. I was severely depressed off and on for seven years before I ever drank. It does give me hope that some people on the planet are happy and most people seem to have it more together than I do. At least joy is possible
Old 03-20-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Life is good, but Earth is a pretty tough school
Old 03-20-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Life can be pretty tough sometimes. Doesn't mean ya' have to drink or do drugs over it. Actually, that will probably make things worse. And committing suicide isn't really a good idea either. Who knows? Maybe, just maybe, things might get better.

And I think if you think long and hard about it, you know things will get better. No matter how bad they seem now. Take it from me; things will get better eventually.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I hope ur all ok, I have had a couple of days to cool off and to stop being a drama queen lol. Seriously though I havnt done anyting in the last 3 years for my depression so I think its something to look into. The one thing I must say to u all or anyone who reads this and thinks about drinking again , it was so not worth it, It really was disgusting. Drink to me is an illusion it is fake and is not something any of us truly want. As a scorpio I should of seen this as I hate fake people and superficiality, But thats another story lol. Anyway thankyou everyone for youre posts and advice, As david Cameron the british pm said about the recession, We're all in this together lol.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

A fellow Scorpio is glad to see you feeling a bit more hopeful bradley.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanx Hevyn I appreciate your help truly . Its strange how some times I feel like crap then out of now where have a burst of excitable optimism
Old 03-21-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Bradley - hang in there, it will get better... I am like you in so many ways... I pray for us both tonignt... even if we still do not believe!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thoughts are with you bradley, I think a trip to the dr for your depression would be a really good idea x
Old 03-21-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I'm so SO glad you are feeling better.

What a difference a few days can make huh ?
Old 03-21-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

The last few days I have asked myself what I want in life and one of the things I want to do is to travel. I have some money saved up but I really need to save more, U people in the us , auz and s Africa , are so lucky, id love to visit these places,
Old 03-22-2014, 02:35 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

All your plans become much more plausible when you're sober! Hang in there, Bradley26.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Bradley, I also relate to your feelings and the ups and downs. Depression is ugly. Glad that you are feeling better. I've found that while some of us might be more prone to emotional fluctuations than others, staying sober and living a healthier lifestyle can make a huge difference and the best way to start. It's much easier and more realistic to re-evaluate our life and values with a clearer head that's not altered by abused chemicals.

Keep trying, it's really worth it!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I was there Bradley...I felt exactly like this. The things that should have made me happy in my life just didn't. Its not you its the spell that your still under. For me it took 6 months of intense therapy (AA step work, therapist once a week, reading, SR) really doing some tough work. I can say once you get here its pretty damn amazing.

You have to be sober to do it but for me sobriety only made things worse initially. Counterintuitive I know....the booze temporarily made the hurt and pain go away but then the booze and drugs became a problem of itself. So removing the booze and drugs that would mask things temporarily I was left with the hurt and pain in its entirety. It took lots of work and tools to get better though.

For me it was and never is just about quitting the drink - it was and is always about wanting a sober life that I find more appealing than an inebriated life. I had to trust for a while but then it happens.

Sorry - did not read the 2nd page - glad your doing better. I travel all the time. Its a good goal. How about you calculate the money you are saving from not drinking and start a travel savings plan. Start planning out where you want to go and keep this as a daily goal. Work towards it - it will develop some great habits.

Glad you feeling better. Have you tried meditation? Been a big life changer for me.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bradley26 View Post
The last few days I have asked myself what I want in life and one of the things I want to do is to travel. I have some money saved up but I really need to save more, U people in the us , auz and s Africa , are so lucky, id love to visit these places,
Bradley-I would definitely recommend you travel.If you have some money saved then it is an option. Just book it-you may be surprised at how cheap it is especially if you don't mind staying in cheap digs. When all around me were settling down and I was single with no one to holiday with I just went alone. Best thing I ever did. Even now I still prefer to go alone You can get a pretty cheap flight to NY nowadays- maybe book a few days. Whats stopping you? don't need a travel agent and I'd stay away from packages.Jyst DIY .Expedia are good. Great incentive to stay sober