Notices

Stupid pain pills

Old 12-27-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stupid pain pills

Hi everyone, this is my first time ever posting on any site ever. Quick backstory. I started drinkin and smoking pot in high school. On occasion did meth/coke/pills. This continue use through college. I drink most days of the week and got drunk, not good at being a casual drinker. I married an awesome man who was great to party with and they only breaks I have ever had from smoking, drinking or anything were the two times I was pregnant with my now 5 and 3 year old boys. 3 years ago husband had back surgery and couldn't be happier to share his Percs and nor a with me, not that I opposed and eventually made sure he was splitting 50\50 with me. He no longer has back pain but still gets pain meds. Just not as many with the new laws. I also work over multiple docs for meds but kind of got busted out today. I haven't had an opiate for 7 days(so no physical withdraw right now) and haven't had a drink in 2 days. I'm an all or nothing person so I know abstinence is the best route. My husband and I both know the pills have to stop and have tried multiple times until it's to time to get the refill!! What the hell. I'm reaching out for help because so far doing it on my own isn't working. It already feels good just writing this down. Anyone in the same situation?
Old 12-27-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, you will find support here. I stopped drinking and this is my only support. You can do what you make up your mind to do. One day at a time is the way I make it. Looking forward to getting to know you. Good luck on your walk.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is me. I spent years of my life cultivating this sort of "party diva" image. Sure I knew my substance use was abnormal and at one time considered getting pregnant just to get sober. Nothing would have made me stop though until my doctor wrote me a prescription for anxiety meds and those meds have so thoroughly kicked my butt that I intellectually I can no longer deny I am an addict. So while I hate the pills I am trying hard to be thankful because without them I would not have asked for help.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I don't know about pills as I was a wino, but I do know you'll find a lot of support here.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can already tell that joining this site was a great decision moving in the right direction. I know I need to never take a pill again but I can't imagine not ever drinking again. Everyone I know drinks but mostly in moderation and controlled. I'm a 34 year old mother and should not even have to thinking about this. I'm so mad at myself. I will be feeling good and healthy and won't even think twice about popping pain pills if they r around. I know it's time to stay away from all things. It will be real tough around January 9th when we can get refill.
Legally brunette-(love it as I am a brunette too). I was always the fun wild crazy girl and through the years forgot how to act sober...it's kind of boring
Old 12-27-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I dunno anything about pills, but please be careful not to substitute pills by increasing Alcohol intake.

Good luck!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Marie

D