Another update on my AS

Old 12-22-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another update on my AS

Hi everyone!

Somewhere in the middle of my previous thread I updated again to say that my AS was making arrangements for rehab again....and he did. He gets his 30 day chip today! Not only that but his counselor says that he is the star pupil of the whole unit...that he is ON FIRE for recovery and has committed to a year-long program. He's 8 hours away (which is good) and I have only been able to speak to him 3 times. They only allow one 10 minute phone call once a week, which is also good. He just sounds so completely awesome and most importantly he sounds really happy. I haven't heard that in his voice in years. He's in one of the best rehabs in the country and it's a long story how he got to that particular one, but I am very sure that it was a total God-job. He's getting excellent care not only for his addiction, but for his mental health issues as well. FINALLY!

Of course we're all taking it one day at a time, but I just wanted to give you an update with my good news for a change and to wish you all the Merriest Christmas possible. I know for some of you things may be hard...harder than they've ever been...and my heart goes out to you so very, very much. My prayers are with you all and for our loved ones.

XOXO. Thank you for always being here.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for sharing! He sounds like he is in a great spot mentally and physically! I have no doubt you've spent your own share of holidays with a sad heart, trying to remind yourself there is still much joy to be had. I always appreciate these stories of hope. I sincerely hope each and every one of us have the opportunity to share good news at some point. I think glimpses of recovery in action are just as important as the tutorials in setting boundaries, healthy thinking etc. I cannot tell you how happy I am for you, as well as for your son! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

TJP, Thank you for the update. You were on my heart this week, this is such WONDERFUL news and I thank God that he has his hand and grace with you and your family!
Old 12-22-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm happy for your son and your family!

Merry Christmas and wishing you all a blessed New Year
Old 12-22-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

tjp
Such good news. I pray that the fire continues to burn brightly. May you have a peaceful and joy filled holiday. Continue to take care of you.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-22-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Merry Christmas, Tjp, I am so happy your son is doing so well. Miracles do happen and I can't think of a better time than over Christmas.

May 2014 bring you and your son both wonderful blessings.

Hugs
Old 12-22-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

tjp - SO happy to read such an awesome update!! You and your family remain in my prayers. Merry Christmas and I pray 2014 brings you more good stuff

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-22-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So happy to read this wonderful news tjp. Blessings to you and your family.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tjp that is such encouraging news! I am so happy for your son and family. I pray he continues his work on recovery and does well with his therapy as well. They go hand in hand. It is wonderful to read good news and see there is hope for everyone. God Bless you and your son and here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas! You have much to celebrate.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Love hearing this news, TJP! I'm sure your heart will feel a little lighter this Christmas. Keeping your son in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Fantastic news! Thank you for sharing it, tjp.
Blessings to your son!
Old 12-24-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Such wonderful news, TJP!!! I'm happy and grateful to hear it this morning