Notices

Anxiety from Adderall. Help me.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety from Adderall. Help me.

Im a 27 year old male and decided to take a adderall which was 20mg, I was okay that day except I couldnt get enough sleep.

The second time I took it, it was early in the morning and I was very tired. The adderall kicked in and a couple hours later , All of a sudden. I felt dizzy and I was about to pass out. My mind instantly went to a panic attack as I was trying to stay awake. Later that night I had severe anxiety but eventually tried to sleep it off.

Its been 4 days since the incident, and I still have anxiety and my mood has completley changed. Ive also noticed a slight pressured headache on my forehead.

I didnt have have any weakness or numbness during the panic attack, But Im still worried that i mightve suffered some sort of mild stroke or brain aneurysm. I went into the doctors office and ran an ekg and results were normal.

Did anyone have similar symptoms with anxiety, lack of interst, headaches after using adderall, how long did these symptoms last?

Any positive feedback would be appreciated.

PS: Ive learned my lesson, scary moment there .
Old 10-20-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Microlife, sorry I have nothing to offer in the way of advice. I don't have experience with it. I wonder if you are allergic to it or super sensetive. At any rate, its certainly not the med for you! I'm glad you learned your lesson though too bad it was the hard way.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's the stimulant effects. It's like you drank 20 cups of coffee, you could only expect to be jumping out of your skin. It'll booger off, try drinking some relaxing tea-- damania or some thing mild like that. Don't forget that part of anxiety is to make you think every things wrong and things won't be OK, because anxiety in itself can make a one extremely forgetful... ohhh yeah.

And lastly, you went to the doctors and you're able to type on here, both very good signs. I've had some close encounters with death, they were nothing nice like your experience. I just flopped out. Point being, usually when some thing big is going to take place with your body it just does and happens right away, there is no chance to seek out help, IMO, in most cases anyway.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Yeah welcome to stimulant comedowns. We sometimes don't realize how just one night of sleep can cause us to go haywire with anxiety. I use to binge pretty hard on Adderall and what I hated about that medication vs. dextroamphetamine was the l-amphetamine in it which gives you that physical jolt of energy in the beginning, and that physical uncomfortableness during the comedown. Right now you are worrying yourself sick, and as somebody whose been there myself, just don't do anymore and wait. I know it's been 4 days, give it 7, and then if you still feel all jacked up come back here and post ok?
Old 10-20-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your replies... Its been 5 days and the anxiety still comes back. Im hoping it will resolve. Ive been exercising and I feel like its helping. What worries me is that Ive lost my appetite, and lost interest in things. I hope I get better.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well its been 7 days, and I ended up seeing the doctor again. He percribed me with some ativian which has helped the anxiety. But for some reason, it always tries to creep up on my mind.

Anyways Ive realized something. One of the reasons why I make my anxiety worse is because I genuinely thought that my condition was a physical impairment. I thought I bursted a brain vessel or something.

Im going to accept what has happened to me. whether i just rewired my brain or did something worse, Im just going to live life, and recondition myself and stay positive.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good idea, because a lot of things will happen to us in life, and one must build the mindset that out of every bad situation they either walk out the same person or stronger/smarter.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mr Ghost your are absolutley right.

Well its been 8 days since the episode. I just want to give you little more context from my history. before coming up to the panic attack and almost fainting, I was already smoking cigs, not sleeping well, and took some steriod pills(didnt feel anything) within the entire month. Please dont tell me how bad this was, I already know. I stopped the cigerette smoking and Im going to the gym everyday. Ive been monitoring my blood pressure and it fluctuates but still a little bit high. 130 - 140.

The anxiety ? well it kinda starts in the morning and eases out throughout the day to the point where there is none by the end of the night. I have been taking the ativian so Im not sure if my anxiety is cured yet.

One thing I noticed was , I wake up feeling very depressed. It was worse then the time when I woke up on the days when I got out of a 3 year relationship. This type of depression was different, I felt chemically depressed. Im gonna try to sleep without the ativian tonight and see if there is a difference.

By the way taking the ativian has helped tremendously but there were some minor side effects. decreased sex desire and minor headaches.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sup Micro? Hope you are feeling better. Ive got 54 days clean now and abused Adderall for about 3 years... Along with other amphetimines... I said that to say this. Even after 54 days I still have that feeling where I'm just not interested in anything, depressed, can barely get to work and don't work nearly as efficiently as I did before. I know that whenever I ran out and had to crash I would sleep for a couple days and even 2-3 weeks later I would still feel like things just wouldn't click in my mind. As far as anxiety goes, I always had a strong benzo addiction as well so I fought that battle with them. That being said I'm beginning to realize that I'm not so much depressed or anxious anymore, I'm getting back to normal. Stimulants especially amps, cause a surge of dopamine in the brain which is the same thing that encourages you to complete tasks, ya know that feel good feeling. Without a chem to cause that surge my brain is just tryin to level back out I suppose. Now my abuse was probably much more serious than yours but nevertheless everyones brain is different so that could be whats goin on. Hope you feel better. And just convince yourself it will get better. Whenever you start thinking about how bad you feel just focus on some short simple but positive words. Say em over and over if you have to. I know it sounds corny but if you do it enough it helps clear those clouds a little bit.