Notices

Back at day 1....

Old 10-18-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back at day 1....

Well, I had a really good thing going, 75 days of wonderful sobriety. And then I had a slip last night. Had a couple beers, then a couple more, then about a half a bottle of wine. I beat myself up good about it this morning and then had a long talk with my husband. I know why I made the decision to drink, I was angry and lonely and sad. The talk helped and I'm more committed than ever to move forward, make it a slip and not a relapse. I absolutely love being sober and it is amazing to me that I have the power to make that choice every day. I do not have to live in misery and pain and fear. I cast off my shackles and I'm movin' on already!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are back CB - learn from your mistakes. Are you using any formal support or recovery method to help you along?
Old 10-18-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm in therapy once a week, but not going to AA or anything. I keep thinking about it, I should probably go...
Old 10-18-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Probably wont keep you sober!
Go........
G
Old 10-18-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you are back here posting. Hopefully you can find an alternative way to cope with these emotions without picking up a drink. Keep moving forward. Best wishes.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

AA good stuff! Come back to the 24 club CB77
Old 10-18-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well I guess I'm a little more upset about this than I thought. I've been sitting in bed all morning doing a lot of self loathing and crying. I'm going to get up and take a shower and go meet my husband for lunch. I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and before I know it I'll have more time under my belt. I so badly did not want this to be part of my story. I really didn't want to slip like that, I feel so ****** about it. Physically, mentally, emotionally. I just feel pretty ******. But I can feel ****** and be sober I guess. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Tomorrow WILL be better, CB Remember how you feel now and re-run that feeling whenever you're tempted again. Self-loathing definitely won't help, but renewing your resolve and getting straight back on it should - and posting here, of course
Old 10-18-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the support. It really does help. Well I met my husband for lunch and we had a good heart to heart. He's so supportive of me, I'm very fortunate. Then I went over and signed up me and my son at the YMCA. I'm going to get back into weight lifting, it used to make me feel really good and I think right now I need something to help boost my confidence. I also need healthy activities to keep me busy. I've always been good at working on my physical self, not so good at my emotional self. I have a lot of deep seated emotional pain and sadness that I need to deal with, hence the therapy. Mostly we've been working on my anxiety though, which is a big issue. Another reason I drank. Fear of being alone, fear of dying, fear of being a bad mother....I just don't want to feel so afraid all the time. So yeah, lots of work to do. I suppose I shall also find a meeting.

I guess if I have to be back at day 1 it's up to me to make it the best day 1 yet.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Don't discount the 75 days that you stayed sober! They mean something. They have shown you that you are strong and capable. Focus on that thought! )
Old 10-18-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

excellent attitude... way to go!
Old 10-18-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by cryingbuddha77 View Post
Mostly we've been working on my anxiety though, which is a big issue. Another reason I drank. Fear of being alone, fear of dying, fear of being a bad mother....I just don't want to feel so afraid all the time.
I had a lot of anxiety and fears...but for some reason I didn't fear being a drunk and a drug addict. Go figure. Made me think, if my addiction was stronger than my anxiety and fear, my sobriety could be too. And I have discovered it was.

Yes, there is some anxiety, and some fear. But I face it sober. You can too.