Helping a loved one

Old 09-12-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Helping a loved one

I started dating a girl about a year ago who is addicted to pills, weed, alcohol. She started doing better, but I always came second. Finally I told her either a life with me or continue her lifestyle...she said she would rather die by 30 and be happy. She already has kidney failure and her blood pressure stays at around 140/100. It's just tough seeing her do all this to herself and now I can do nothing about it.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Drwiggles, and glad you got here. That is a tough situation you're in, no doubt.

This is a wonderful community, and you can learn a lot and feel very accepted and supported here. People will not sugar coat what they say, but it's from experience and from the heart...

Have you considered Alanon as a way to get some further education and face-to-face support too? Here's a link to help you find a meeting. https://www.google.com/#q=alanon

Please read as much as you can here, and also maybe check out the Friends and Family of Substance Abusers section, listed right below this one on the forum main page. Gradually you'll be able to sort out your thoughts and feelings.

Again, welcome!