Notices

RandyBH's nicotine recovery

Old 08-25-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

RandyBH's nicotine recovery

'Thanks for the support. Today is day one. Has anyone developed a strong exercise program to go along with nicotine cessation? Yoga?
Old 08-25-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Randy - I haven't..yet, but I think it would be a good idea! I have a couple of friends who have recently begun yoga and are always mentioning how it makes them feel better physically AND mentally. Good idea!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-25-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Hi Randy
I have been doing some more running during this time. Trying to burn off the extra angst. I am not that far ahead of you in the quit process.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

These past two days I smoked but I am going to the gym this morning and to my AA home group this morning as my strategies for not smoking today, making this a one day at a time process
Old 08-30-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Exercise definitely helps... plus it lets you enjoy the benefits of being able to breath better again once you quit.

You might check out the 24-Hour No Smoking club here. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...king-club.html

It tends to get the most traffic out of any of the no smoking threads and there are a bunch of us that check in there every day and will offer support if you're having a hard time.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Randy - GREAT on the gym and home group.

I've gotta agree with DG. I can't TELL you how many times I've joined this forum did good for a while (maybe 10 days) but fell back into smoking, and didn't come back.

For whatever reason, this time, it's sticking. I've got 3 weeks, in some SERIOUSLY stressful situations, and I look forward to coming to that thread, every day, and signing up for another 24 hours.

You can do this, but I won't kid you - it took me quite a while to get to the point where I just didn't want to smoke any more and a lot of that was monetary.

If nothing else, read the thread, post (here or there) and know that we understand.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy