Notices

Want to be my 11th step partner for a day?

Old 08-21-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Want to be my 11th step partner for a day?

Hello folks! Every three months I choose a day and do an eleventh step ritual of mine. This quarter it looks like it'll be Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I was thinking that I'd share my ritual here and see if anyone wanted to join me in it. Anyway, it's an all day event: I wake up and meditate for some period of time less than an hour (I started years ago with twenty minutes and now do forty-five minutes). I then do whatever I want during however many minutes there are until the hour is up (in the beginning therefore, when I was meditating for twenty minutes I would spend the next forty minutes showering, relaxing, etc. - now I meditate for forty-five minutes and relax for fifteen minutes).

Then I start again; forty-five minutes in meditation and fifteen minutes relaxing for the entire day. I believe that the first time I did this I started with eight hours but now it's fun to get up just before dawn - Friday, for instance, dawn is 5:56am here and so I'll get up at 5:45 and start at 6am-6:45am and then 7am-7:45am.... until sunset which is 7:47pm (so my last session will go till the sun goes down...no sense quibbling over 2 minutes!)

Anyway, if anyone wants to join me at any pace you like and set for yourself - let me know what day works for you and we can be meditation buddies for the day.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds interesting and fun, Legna. I might like to try this! Let me know which day.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Waiting to see if we have any other takers Jennie - but will certainly get back to you!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for sharing your ritual here legna!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Legna
What form does your meditation take?

My ritual for the day starts with the daily readings. I attempt active meditation throughout the day trying to be present with what is going on around me and in my head.

Good for you and thanks for sharing.

CaiHong
Old 08-22-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaiHong View Post
Hi Legna
What form does your meditation take?
Seated meditation...Anapanasati.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have an app on my iPhone called "mindfulness bell" which you can set to give a Tibetan bowl sound at a set schedule or randomly through the day. I use it for meditation and had it set at work until people started complaining about it. They said it was too distracting.
Breath deeply
Old 08-22-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Johno1967 View Post
I have an app on my iPhone called "mindfulness bell" which you can set to give a Tibetan bowl sound at a set schedule or randomly through the day. I use it for meditation and had it set at work until people started complaining about it. They said it was too distracting.
Breath deeply
Translation: Mindfulness is too distracting. How awesome is that!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by legna View Post
Hello folks!
Anyway, if anyone wants to join me at any pace you like and set for yourself - let me know what day works for you and we can be meditation buddies for the day.
Yes and thank you. I will definitely get back to you.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

good to see ya got that happening and its workin.
once every three months isn't enough for me. I must spend time every day doin the 11th step.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
once every three months isn't enough for me. I must spend time every day doin the 11th step.
I prefer meditating daily as well tomsteve; it is just that in addition to daily meditation, I spend one day each three months where I dedicate the entire day to meditation.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
Yes and thank you. I will definitely get back to you.
As Friday is almost over and Saturday right around the corner and I've got you and Jennie hanging on the line... how about Sunday? If that doesn't work for you wiscsober but Saturday does - let me know tonight and I'll do Saturday with you and Sunday with Jennie.