Old 08-21-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
legna

Want to be my 11th step partner for a day?

Hello folks! Every three months I choose a day and do an eleventh step ritual of mine. This quarter it looks like it'll be Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I was thinking that I'd share my ritual here and see if anyone wanted to join me in it. Anyway, it's an all day event: I wake up and meditate for some period of time less than an hour (I started years ago with twenty minutes and now do forty-five minutes). I then do whatever I want during however many minutes there are until the hour is up (in the beginning therefore, when I was meditating for twenty minutes I would spend the next forty minutes showering, relaxing, etc. - now I meditate for forty-five minutes and relax for fifteen minutes).

Then I start again; forty-five minutes in meditation and fifteen minutes relaxing for the entire day. I believe that the first time I did this I started with eight hours but now it's fun to get up just before dawn - Friday, for instance, dawn is 5:56am here and so I'll get up at 5:45 and start at 6am-6:45am and then 7am-7:45am.... until sunset which is 7:47pm (so my last session will go till the sun goes down...no sense quibbling over 2 minutes!)

Anyway, if anyone wants to join me at any pace you like and set for yourself - let me know what day works for you and we can be meditation buddies for the day.