Notices

Lil' help?

Old 08-21-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lil' help?

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this in the first month or so of detox:

I wake up feeling like death for the first couple of hours. Part is my back and knees but tylenol takes care of that sort of. The other part is "all hope is gone" crap that I can get through ok. The funny thing is, after a couple of hours it lifts like a cloud and I am right as rain.

Did anyone have similar experiences?
Old 08-21-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, tiredenough, I know how you feel. I don't know if its the fact that reality hits us when we wake-up. The reality that we are no longer going to grab that first pill in the morning to deal with our day. Sort of mourning the loss. As the day wares on we realize that we can cope without it......the depression begins to lift and we feel better.

Congratulations your doing great!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Clean. You have been a huge help to me since I staggered in here

I guess the good thing is Im not craving and wouldnt pill up no matter how bad I felt. My morning hit was my favorite so I guess my body is a little upset it aint happening. Haha, I used to take naps just so I could wake up and take something. Bad ol' days.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to help you......perhaps what you don't know how much you've helped me!

Thank you!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are doing amazing!

I'm opposite of you guys. I'm fine in the morning but as the day goes on I get a little blue. I go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday. I also have 2 girls to get ready for school and yell at to turn down that godawful Taylor Swift. Borrowing a tween girl is probably not a good idea

So once you get going you're fine? Maybe start your day immediately with some positive thinking/affirmations/meditation. I'm trying that in the afternoons-my bad time.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Now that you mention it, when I first got clean if I didn't have to be anywhere I would just lay in bed for hours. At least I want using right? I finally started to force myself to get up and do things.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow....great advice. I wake-up to the sounds of video games! Tween boy! I think I'll take Taylor swift any day! School started in your neck of the woods? Ours, not until September!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fancy,

Man, if that type of music was in this house I would lose it! Godawful is right (no offence to anyone)

I get up at 5:30 or 6. Around 8 its gone and I feel really ok. It seems alot of it is being sore and uncomfortable from the back and stuff. From what I have read, the pain can be cranked up to trick you into taking something. Imma give it some more time to see if it mellows out. If its not better after 40 years, I'll take a pill
Old 08-21-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yep Clean, they've been in for 2 weeks. My school doesn't start until September though.

Video games. We have that too. Minecraft. Ahhh.

Tired, what if you set your alarm to your favorite song? I think you can do that with cell phones.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I actually kind of did that this morn. My wife and I dont look like metalheads but we love it (its how we met!). I tore up some Trivium this morning at 6:30 and it did make me smile. She was cool as always. I love that woman
Old 08-21-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm sure the pain doesn't help any! Would stretching excersizes help? The good thing is that you are staying clean and not giving into those feelings!

That's awesome!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It probably is the pain trying to trick you. That's probably what's wrong with me in the afternoon. I'm supposed to see a rheumatolgist about fibromyalgia symptoms, but I don't want to go on anything for it. I might try Cymbalta again, but that made me really want to drink for some weird reason. Almost like manic. Probably because the pain was gone!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh Fancy! Minecraft is their favorite! It's all they talk about! They are after me to play it with them! I just can't get into video games! Do you play them with your kids? They make me feel so guilty for being on SR instead of playing those games with them. Everyone has their own personal interests right?

Sorry, tiredenough for highjacking your thread!

I did want to ask if any of you have joined the chat meetings here on SR?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Fibro is rough. My ex wife had it years ago (still does I guess) and it was tough on her.

I do stretching on the floor several times a day and it seems to help. It always helps to "pop" the lower back. I am trying to accept the pain as the cost of doing business. I wont take a pill because I am simply not going through that again. I will take the back pain over that fiasco.

Hickjack away, Clean! Mi threada, su threada
Old 08-21-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks tiredenough!

I must take a shower and get to the reservation to buy my cigs. Almost out! Only pay $10 a carton instead of $10 a pack!

That's one addiction that's put on hold! Can't do it all at once!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Clean, I tried playing with them, but I wasn't good enough. I can kick some butt on Mario Kart though Mine are only a year apart so they entertain each other. I play Words With Friends with them until they beat me ;-)

I haven't tried the chat meetings, I'm usually on my phone or tablet. Do you go to them?

Tired, have you ever tried an inversion table or even hot tub for your back? My husband had back surgery when he was younger and deals with pain daily. The inversion table didn't really help him but I know it works for some people. He takes some weird supplements called bio- tools or something. I think it is Advocare. He swears they make his better.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

TiredEnough
Yes, I can relate to what you are saying about the mornings - feeling pain and a bit lost.
I think Cleanin was right about mourning the loss of our DOC to get us through our days.... I couldnt wait to wake up in the morning and take it. The first pill of the day was always the best. But those days are OVER.

You sound like you are doing amazing. The strength of your words is inspiring to me.

Olive
Old 08-21-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I used the be a Call of Duty:MW wizard

Fancy, I have not but I am willing to try it. I guess I first have to see where the pain is at without the meds trying to trick me. A baseline, I suppose. I never tried any of that stuff since the docs were writing scripts like popcorn. I didnt have to.

No chat for me. Im not supposed the be here in the first place
Old 08-21-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

No fancy, I tried but I couldn't get in for some reason. I'm usually on my iPad. Is that why it doesn't work?

Tiredenough, that's a good idea too ......soaking in a hot tub! I had a stabbing pain in my shoulder yesterday. My 23 year old stuck a hot/cold patch on it. She says its from holding the iPad up to my face to read SR. ((((Sigh))))
Old 08-21-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

CleanLI, what are we going to do when we have to go back to work? Is there a forum with how to deal with SR withdrawal

I think it's probably the iPad keeping you out of chat. My pc is so slow. The meeting would probably be over by the time I logged in lol.