Notices

Full of fear :(

Old 05-17-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Full of fear :(

I have been very stressed out lately. And today I ended a relationship. I am sad and full of fear and I imagine it's coming from my internal battle. I cried on and off all day ...had to take mini breaks at work to cry in my car. I went to a meeting tonight and blubbered the whole time. I just couldn't stop crying.

I had a panic attack today and every time I try to eat I get a sharp stabbing pain in my throat. Now my already exhausted mind is wandering and I am thinking "must be throat cancer".

My AV wanted to drink after work. To not feel sad, to numb this fear. I chose instead to do the next right thing and get to a meeting. I don't like being afraid and I just wanted to reach out so I am not alone. Thank you for reading...I hope my next post can be a positive one :/
Old 05-17-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think breaking up is hard for everyone Quit.
Be good to yourself, and try not to think yourself into next week.

You'll get through this, you'll move on, and a ton of good things will be waiting for you throughout the months and years to come

D
Old 05-17-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there quitforme. Try to see yourself in a better place. I know these moments of emotional pain can suck, but they do get better. It sounds like you're not going to drink, so pat yourself on the back for that. And remember that everyone goes through times like you're experiencing. Even those people who have never taken a drink in their life.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"try not to think yourself into next week"--love this Dee, thank you. I know you are right, that good things will come, my sobriety is the reason for that and I plan to hang on And thats so true feenix...I definitely think about how "normal" people never think of a drink just because they "feel" uncomfortable. Not numbing is still a new concept to me but I think I will get more comfortable over time. You guys are awesome, thank you
Old 05-17-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Old 05-17-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

There can be no easy way for breaking up. Feeling stressed in various ways is what it is. In time things will change. Hang in there till it does.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. I wish there I knew something that would make it go away but sometimes you just have to go thru it til you break thru the other side. We're here for you!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry Quit, sending hugs your way.