Notices

sleep eludes me

Old 04-30-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sleep eludes me

Anyone going through insomnia? Day 5 & doing better, but can't sleep. When will I sleep normal again?!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

took me about three weeks before sleep started getting normal. Took till about a month and half to stop getting using dreams though
Old 05-01-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning, IGTBOK! Are you awake? The insomnia, well its going to take a few days, it did for me. I would get a few hours, then a few more. Then, when I was physically able, I started going for walks in the evenings, then after a warm bath, I slept better.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi joygirl! Day 5 & going strong! Starting to feel proud of myself instead of hating myself! Feels good! The sleep issues are a bummer, but I would rather be tired & deal with it, than to go back to that dark place! I just hope sleep gets better soon!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm definitely taking a hot bath this eve. Hoping that will help. I know this is 1 day at a time! Getting back to living. It is wonderful to smell things again! Not much of an appetite still, but I just know it gets better & better! Already is! Your encouragement & advice helps me SO much! Thank you!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

UGH. I remember those days. It wasn't so long ago for me. Hot baths definitely help, and so does walking. You don't have to run a marathon or anything. Just get your heart pumping a little. There is also an herbal supplement called melatonin that seems to help a lot of people with the sleep issues. You can get it in different strengths and you can find it anywhere... CVS, Walgreens, WalMart, etc. If you are taking vitamins, try taking them in the morning versus noon or at night. And if you are NOT taking a vitamin, get one! They do help more than you think. Good luck!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning , GTBOK! Great to hear from you! Day 5 is a great day. Over the hurdle and on your way! (Wasn't really going for a cheesy rhyme, but it happened! lol) You keep me encouraged too.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Joygirl, my energy is beginning to return! I have a son, & I watched his football game today & I wasn't worrying the whole time about when I would get to a pill! The grass smelled so good! I enjoyed it. Its getting so much better! Actually have the patience now to watch a movie! I can slowly feel my life coming back! I feel like, oh yeah, there u r! I was lost for a min, but I'm finding my way back!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am wondering about this major lack of appetite though. When does that get better? Will b glad when I can eat & sleep good again!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Goingtobeok! My best advice to you is to accept the insomnia as it comes. Get what sleep you can and accept the rest. Baths certainly help, but don't do the sleeping meds or anything. Just accept it as part of the healing process and know it does return. Accept the tiredness you feel, and feel pride that you are getting these sleepless nights over with now rather than saving them for a harsher future date. Because we all had them, and you will respect your sleep cycle so much more when you actually can sleep
Old 05-01-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Day 7 and some change here. I've binge eaten the last couple of night and that seems to put me to sleep. In the short term I'm letting myself do it and my normal sleep pattern will hopefully come back relatively soon. Its just our bodies readjusting. Exercise seems to help as well, though still feeling lethargic and edgy during the day. It will get better.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I def decided no aides on anything. Hopefully each nite will get better & I will continue to sleep whn I can. Just definitely looking forward to day 6! Ready to want food again!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

Eating? UGH.

Originally Posted by goingtobeok View Post
I am wondering about this major lack of appetite though. When does that get better? Will b glad when I can eat & sleep good again!
I couldn't eat for 8-9 days. I was able to sleep but only because of my ambien. (That will be my next hurdle to jump!) Be prepared for day 8-9 to be a bit emotional. That seems to be common for everyone - me included. But it's all "do-able"! You are doing great!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The emotional part is def the worst. I wasn't prepared for that. The depression has lifted. I just have these emotional moments & I just remind myself how far I've come & I feel a good feeling. My first 3 days were almost unbearable. I just know how bad I want my life back. I'm bound & determined to get back to living & happiness! Going to try a hot bath & hope for the best!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My legs are aching so bad & they are twitching & jumping & UGH!! So ready to see how day 6 will be. Losing weight, but I just can't seem to get up any kind of appetite. Frustrated tonight. Epsom salt & hot bath didn't help much. Tomorrow is a new day.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Its amazing just how much posting helps & just knowing I'm not alone.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Anyone going through insomnia? Day 5 & doing better, but can't sleep. When will I sleep normal again?!!!
Here take a virtual vacation to Hawaii or read .

Big Book On Line Linked with Permission Of AA World Services

Best Relaxing 2 Hour Ocean WAVES Sounds on Tropical HAWAII BEACHES #1 Relax Wave Beach DVD video - YouTube

Old 05-01-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My legs are aching so bad & they are twitching & jumping & UGH!! So ready to see how day 6 will be. Losing weight, but I just can't seem to get up any kind of appetite. Frustrated tonight. Epsom salt & hot bath didn't help much. Tomorrow is a new day.
Have you tried a product called 'Leg Cramps'? Some have good results with quinine and Leg Cramps is the only OTC drug I know of with sufficient amounts of quinine in it.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you deeker. This emotional roller coaster I'm on has turned into a bumpy ride tonight. I can never go through this again. I will try this. Just really ready for day 6.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank so much for the support! Going to try the melatonin. Desperate for decent sleep. So grateful I found you all. On to day 6.