Notices

Does it ever get easier?

Old 12-08-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Does it ever get easier?

Wow was in great spirits earlier... Now struggling again... Is this how it will always be? Does it get easier? I know it's only been 5 days but it's been a long 5 days!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

No it's not how it will always be - if that was true noone would stay sober

I don't know about you but I used and drank for years - it takes a little time for our minds and bodies to heal - but they do

D
Old 12-08-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA member

Stick with sobriety Feelstuck.It does get easier

It did for me anyway.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes it gets easier--but not in 5 days--it takes time, and the longer you don't use the easier it becomes. I have been sober for a while and can promise it is now easier to stay sober than it is to get sober.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Tlh

Hey feelstruck, just going to jump right in here and tell you it does get easier as the days go by, I was clean for a couple months a year ago before relapsing, then went straight to Methadone... which I wish I didn't now, because I'm currently W/Ding from it and it is horrible, Methadone is the TOP dog of the opiates. I'm not quite sure what it is that you're W/Ding from but everyone on this site is VERY helpful, I know from personal experience, when I was W/Ding last year I got on here and started a Thread and then it just took off from there. Then after I relapsed I lost sight of this place and am regretting it everyday now, but I'm currently on Day 4 right now with NO Methadone and believe me these past couple days I've been in HELL!!.. But with the help of family/friends and all the support from this site, YOU will get through this.

An old friend on here gave me the advice "One day at a time, One hour at a time" and last year when I was staying clean I would always say that to myself as much as I could and it helped, another thing that helps is HOT showers or baths. Also I don't know what your religion and I'm not going to preach but reading the Bible is always a good idea.

Anyways I hope you get to feeling better. Like everyone said, it will NOT last forever!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

it defo gets better as each day goes by, I'm on day 10 methadone free!!! right now i feel good but like you bout 2 hours ago I was thinking about using.. i know from past clean time that you do get to that whoopee I'm clean feeling and each day after that gets better and better but if you've been using for some time then it makes sense that it would need a good while to recover.
i wish i could say to you that you'll feel great in 4 days/ 6 days etc but i can't but i can guarantee you that if you stay drug free then you will get there. enjoy when you feel good and try distracting yourself with something when you feel sh*t...
stay strong your not alone sure there's loads on here win the same state, we all feel you pain.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Feelstuck,

just wanted to give you a bit of hope!! (i hope) day 12 and for the first time I feel back to normal (wotever normal is) by that i mean that I could get up today sort out my little boy, vacuum, clean kitchen etc and I don't feel that I've just climbed a mountain.. today for the first time I am happy to be clean (happy is an understatement) it's very early days for me but if i can hang onto the good times/ feelings and ride out the bad ones then I can make it... so can you
I know i won't feel as bad as I have done over the last few days so if i can get through them I can get through anything.
the mental cravings will come though I know this... so now I have to decide upon a plan and put it into action to avoid using/ slipping back into active addiction.
listen if i can do this so can you , I am wot was once referred to as the best liar in the world and the scummiest junkie i put heroin ahead of everything in my life including my son (on numerous occasions) I couldn't even quit for the entire length of my pregnancy only manging in my 3rd trimester to avoid my son being born a heroin addict ( being honest this was more because I didn't want anyone to know rather than for his welfare) I'm crying writing this because to actually admit that anywhere other than in my own head is horrible for me . nothing less than i deserve I think.

anyway hope the above reaches you and gives you some strength

One day at a time, sweet jesus.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi feelstuck,

Not sure if your main struggle is physical withdraw or mental obsession. My DOC was cocaine, so I know the physical is different for those drugs. But if you're talking about the obsession....

I thought about how I could get away to score again every minute I was awake for 2-3 years. I don't think about that ANYMORE. Things can change for you if you really want to be clean and follow some suggestions from people at meetings. It worked for me.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

RI24 Great job on day 12 methadone is the worst. Feelstuck great job on day 5. I'm on day 4 and in reality I want to use. But that is not an option. It sucks so bad to go 5 days and screw up and have to start all over. Right now I have to think of 96 hours and try and make it to 100. After that 110 and so on. I get scared to get too much time cause than I wont want to use. I have no other options though and hope all of you the best.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I sure does get easier but you need to give it time - I am now 15 months clean from cocaine and I admit that its been a hard battle but my life is 100 times better.

You need to work hard on staying clean and trying to build a new life

5 days is a great achievement - I look forward to you posting a month clean
Old 12-10-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Night owl

It does get easier. I'm on suboxone and have still been struggling with physical and mental cravings which I didn't expect at all. But I just realized today--it's been 6 weeks tho I've slipped some--that the cravings really are getting less. I've been on SR a lot the past few days and I think that's made a big difference. Just having support and knowing others are trying to stay clean when it's so difficult really does help. So keep reaching out and keep distracting yourself. It will get better.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Tlh

Feelstruck, Hope everything is going good for you.

Stay Strong. Let us know how things are going
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Not again

It constantly gets easier....and better, and more amazing and thrilling, but most of all it is always worth it.

Larry
Old 12-17-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It does get easier. Keep yourself busy. Get a hobby. Its very important to keep your mind off of it which is hard I know. But just keep yourself busy