View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Tlh

Hey feelstruck, just going to jump right in here and tell you it does get easier as the days go by, I was clean for a couple months a year ago before relapsing, then went straight to Methadone... which I wish I didn't now, because I'm currently W/Ding from it and it is horrible, Methadone is the TOP dog of the opiates. I'm not quite sure what it is that you're W/Ding from but everyone on this site is VERY helpful, I know from personal experience, when I was W/Ding last year I got on here and started a Thread and then it just took off from there. Then after I relapsed I lost sight of this place and am regretting it everyday now, but I'm currently on Day 4 right now with NO Methadone and believe me these past couple days I've been in HELL!!.. But with the help of family/friends and all the support from this site, YOU will get through this.

An old friend on here gave me the advice "One day at a time, One hour at a time" and last year when I was staying clean I would always say that to myself as much as I could and it helped, another thing that helps is HOT showers or baths. Also I don't know what your religion and I'm not going to preach but reading the Bible is always a good idea.

Anyways I hope you get to feeling better. Like everyone said, it will NOT last forever!