Old 11-22-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm first in on the new thread, cool!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

you beat me zebra

happy thanksgiving & november 22nd everybody! happy nov 23rd to our aussie mod & anybody else from that part of the world!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks TB

D
Old 11-24-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like everyone had a great holiday.

My son left today, my daughter will be here until Monday. It was wonderful having them both here.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am tired and exhausted. Must mean this was a holiday weekend. Completed my 5K in 29 minutes, which I was happy with considering how cold it was and I was fighting a head cold.

Did some deer hunting, spent a ton of time with family, etc. Just a busy, fun, tiring weekend.

Hope all of you are well.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well, I didn't win the big powerball. Guess I will just have to stick with the gratitude I already have.

Hope all of you are well. Both of our kids are sick with some sort of crud. Sick kiddos are never fun.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's almost 9:00 o'clock at night, cold, dark and windy. I'm leaving my warm house wearing shorts to go play tennis. Nuts?

(Yes, the tennis is indoors).
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nah, I don't think it is nuts. Now, if you were playing outside that might be a different story.

I am really thinking about getting back into tennis this summer. Our city has a league, so it would be easy to do. I may just do it. We will see....
Old 12-01-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Zebra, you are a better person then I, by that time of night, I am ready to call it a day!

It is a beautiful day here, hard to believe it is December 1st.

Bdiddy and Zebra, how is your weather? TB-how are you?

Dee- how are you doing?
Old 12-01-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

battling the heat, but doing ok Anew

D
Old 12-01-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

bdiddy, it's never too late to get back into tennis. When I started playing again I was past 50.

Our team had a match today and we won (me too!). One of our doubles teams lost and one of the opposing players was 70! He played college tennis and has been playing for years, so he knew what he was doing out there, despite having lost some foot speed.

I went out for coffee with my sponsor today. We talked for an hour, and I think about 12 seconds of that time was talking about drinking. There doesn't see to be the desperate need to focus on it.

Zebra, you are a better person then I - I don't think so ANEW, maybe a bit more nocturnal, that's all.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Anew- The weather here is unseasonably warm. Today it is supposed to be 56 degrees! Which is amazing because it could very easily be a blizzard here by now. Very weird. We really need some moisture around here, so hopefully we get some. But for now just enjoying the warm temps.

Zebra- Nice work on the tennis match. I will keep you posted if I decide to play again this summer. I would have to find my racquets. Not even sure where those suckers are. haha. I always enjoy coffee with my sponsor. And like you, most of the conversation is not about drinking. But there is something about just being in the presence of another alcoholic. Calming, comforting, etc. I truly enjoy, even though I don't do it as much as I should.

Hope you all have a great Sunday. Not much going on around here this weekend. My wife is at a training so I have been home with the kids. I love spending time with them, but I am ready to get out of the house. Our 10 month old is feeling very well, so I haven't wanted to take him out.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's going to be about 104 here today bdiddy LOL

D
Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yikes, Dee. Just a touch on the warm side "down under". Stay cool.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well I was doing okay and I guess I still am. I had a brilliant plan to make enough money to get my license back with these "Christmas rush" hirings.

If this year was like the previous years, I guess I would have made the money. However, it is not (by the time I do things, they are never the same as they ever were) and the company is "experiencing difficulties" and 12 hour shifts usually end anywhere from 3-6 hours in. Overtime is what they like to talk about, how much money you can make... however you have to get 40 hours first before you can actually /get/ overtime. Gotta love those "motivational meetings."

Laid off again at midnight and I don't think I'll be going back. I am becoming disillusioned in this "temp economy" and once I have my rent money, I cannot really care enough to go and try and get that last $150 or so I can get per month. I'd rather sit at home. It's cozier here. Also, I do not really remember having spending money, I'm pretty sure I used to at one point, but not since sobriety, so it's not really a selling point for me working more hours. I wouldn't really know what to do with it and I'd probably spend it on something impulsive anyways. Once, about a year ago I had $50 I didn't need for rent or bills and I spent it slowly, on dollar items I bought on impulse for the next few months. I think I am "extra-economy." If I didn't have an apartment, I would contribute nothing. I don't take anything, since I don't qualify for "services."

Luckily I'm good at working, so companies put up with this strange attitude of mine.

I was really looking forward to getting out of this loop, but I guess it's not happening anytime soon. Maybe I should work some more hours and buy a lottery ticket or something. Cause I am never gonna be able to afford to get my license back at this rate. It would take a year and a half of working every day for minimum wage and saving every extra dollar that does not go to rent.

Well, that's my midnight ravings. Otherwise, I'm actually doing just fine. Been cut off for 3 weeks pulling these "12 hour shifts." The job was far away, so I usually had to just hang out in the break room for a few hours until the buses started running again. Go home, sleep, go back to work. It would have been worth it except I was making 260/week doing all that. To be fair, one week I managed 350.

TB, just gonna play around in photoshop and go to sleep
Old 12-10-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ok I'll stop killing the thread.

Day 2 or 3 or so of Post-Work Freedom has been excellent, relaxing & full of nice chats. I am not going to give this up. I am determined. Somebody somewhere will hire me for something other than day job.

TB, being peaceful and happy and cozy
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Seems like your attitude is in the right place, TB. Not much I can offer in the form of advice but I pray for good things for you.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:02 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Always appreciate the prayers.

Advice is what I took to get myself into this mess. Things always work for "everybody" until I try them. Nobody knows why. Counselor is mystified. I am no longer surprised by it. I think I'll just chill for a while and enjoy myself.

Hope everybody's doing good

-TB, proud owner of a brand new version of same old laptop (hey I gotta entertain myself somehow)
Old 12-11-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

You seem happy TB - ain't nuthin wrong with that

D