so now my exah is the subject of a manhunt

Old 11-01-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so now my exah is the subject of a manhunt

I posted this morning about the fact that I had to get a protection order against my exah yesterday. He is very mentally ill...

Shortlyl after I posted, I got a call from the State Police. Apparently, my exah parked his truck in the parking lot of a firestation about 300 miles north of me, walked into the firehouse, jumped into a big firetruck that had some kind of rescue boat attached, and drove the truck out of the firestation.

There was a manhunt for him all night.

They found the truck about an hour ago but no sign of my exah.

Holy crap.
Holy freakin' crap.
Thank God he didn't harm someone (not yet, anyway).
The police were asking me all kinds of questions about whether her has weapons, is he violent, and on and on and on it goes.

I don't know who my exah is anymore.
I don't know what he's capable of.
I just know he's very sick.

I won't be staying at my home unless/until he is caught.
This is just too much.
I hope he is captured without any harm to himself or others.
Please say a prayer that this ends peacefully and safely.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness!
This must be so traumatizing. I know you will ----but please be extra careful.
My hope is that he is found unharmed and found not to have harmed anyone else and that this very public and scary incident will get him the help he needs.
Holy smokes. It is too much.
WOW!!!
Take good care of yourself.
MamaKit
Old 11-01-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Take care of yourself - it is smart to stay elsewhere.
Hope it turns out as best it can.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel that this is a sign to you, that you know that this is a man that you must be very fearful of.
I understand you not wanting to move, but I think you are very very wise to stay where he cannot find you, until he is found, and secured .

some peoples problems are much much bigger than we even imagine. I am sooo glad you made the protection order, this will maybe give authorities what they need to protect others, that he is not only crazy, but dangerous to people , and to you and your son especially.

prayers that you, your son, and all are safe, and that he gets put somewhere and gets help, or at least where he cannot hurt anyone else.

so scary. be safe, and don't trust the system totally, to keep you safe.

chicory
Old 11-01-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Holy Crap!! Unbelievable! I, too, am glad you are taking precautions to protect yourself and your son. I hope he is found safe and is able to get the help he so obviously needs. Prayers going out to all concerned. (((HUGS)))
Old 11-01-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

the disease escalates them to someone we can't even imagine. . .

prayers that all will be resolved without harm to anyone and that he will receive the help he needs ~ whatever help that may be ~

sending out extra thoughts of comfort for you

PINK HUGS,
Old 11-01-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OMGosh, I agree, please stay safe! You are in my prayers!!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dear Outonalimb,

Please take care of yourself. This is someone who doesn't have any rationale and is likely capable of severe and outrageous behaviour.

Please, please stay with someone else until he is apprehended. If he hasn't any where to go, he'll likely return to where he knows (you). I don't want to scare you, but my sister-in-law had a very, very unstable husband who wouldn't take meds and was in and out of hospitals for mentally ill. She moved far away to be away from him, but he would always seemingly show up where she was.

PLEASE go somewhere else for now.

I will pray for your safety and peace.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear Outonalimb, this brings back memories--from several years ago when I was the medical co-0rdinator of a drug/alcohol program. One of my (well-known) patients called me at home--I suspected he was headed for DT's and told him to go to the local large hospital emergency room and ask for admission for detox. He went to that ER and gave them one of my professional cards and was waiting for admission. He was an excellent mechanic for foreign vehicles. He decided to go out to the parking lot and "hotwire" a large emergency rescue ambulance and drive it away. I was informed when police knocked on my door and as me questions. He drove it for the next several days--they couldn't find him!!! It was on the news--detectives kept questioning me--administration at my workplace were casting a jaundiced eye on me--and my kids were asking me if I was going to jail?!!! I was scared to death!!

I, especially, understand how frantic you feel, right now. These things happen more than you probably think---I could tell stories all day from my experiences of working in the environments that I have worked in. People going into withdrawl can become very crazy (often delusional), and sometimes psychotic.

This is not your fault. Hang tight to the serenity prayer and try to avoid self-blame.
If you have never contacted the domestic abuse organization (near you), I suggest that you think about it. At minimum, it is good to talk to a counselor. These people know where all the services and help of every kind is available. Just contacting and talking to them can be very reassuring---there is help available, if you should need it.

Like everyone else, I am thinking about you and praying for a safe outcome. Please let us know how this goes. It is quite likely that they will find and arrest him uneventfully.

By the way, they finally found my guy, driving the ambulance, and apprehended him uneventfully. They took him to the hospital and admitted him to the psych unit for evaluation. He was diagnosed as "alcoholic"--Big surprise!! He eventually did some jail time and resumed treatment. This was the most likeable guy y o u would ever meet--when he was sober. "Sigh"

very sincerely, dandylion
Old 11-01-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

((OOL)) - Wow, sweetie, that IS scary. Glad you are taking precautions. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers that he is found, soon, and that he doesn't hurt himself and/or someone.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-01-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's a horrible feeling to not recognise the person they've become. To have this additional stress must be awful. Thoughts are with you and I hope this ends swiftly and as positively as possible.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Stay safe.

It is especially difficult when we no longer know the person that we once knew so well.

I hope that they find him soon and without any drama...(well without any MORE drama.)
Old 11-01-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Wow. He's off his rocker. Please don't forget to tell your family members to keep their doors locked and not to let him in.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Please stay safe and keep us posted.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Outonalimb, you've got my prayers. What a bizarre situation. So glad that you are staying someplace unknown and safe.

I think what Dandylion said is very good advice. Contacting the domestic violence people would get you in touch with other resources that you might want to use. It can't hurt to have a back-up plan in case you and your son decide to move on from where you are now.

Did the police find the boat as well as the firetruck? Maybe he's off on the water somewhere. I am sure they will find him soon; people who aren't acting normally are noticed quickly.

Stay safe, hang in there, we're all thinking of you and yours.

ShootingStar1
Old 11-01-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Prayers and hugs. Stay safe.
~T
Old 11-01-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you all ... so much ...for your support and prayers.

I am sitting in the safety of my own bedroom.
Exah was captured at about noon today.
He is securely locked in a jail cell about 300 miles from here.
He's not getting out anytime soon.

I bet I had three different police agencies calling me today.
They kept me informed of everything pretty much as it happened.
I am very grateful to them.

I can rest easy tonight. I don't have to look over my shoulder every time I walk out of my house or my office or my car. I don't have to live in fear... At least for the time being.

The last few days have been very traumatic.
I KNEW my exah was a sick man.
I had no idea just HOW SICK he had become.

Tonight, I can breathe.
I have a while to get my strength back...to regather my witts...and to make a plan for how I will handle things once he is released and hopefully, that won't be for a very, very, very long time.

Stealing a fire engine and rescue boat from a fire station and creating a 14 hour manhunt ought to be worth some serious time, right?

It's sad that it came to this.
It really is.
He was such a gentle, loving, sweet man...at one time.
Now...he's a complete and total stranger.

Thanks for all your support!!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

((OOL)) - So glad that he is locked up and you are back home, not looking over your shoulder.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-01-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Flip that's scarey.
Keep yourself safe.
Big hugs to you.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

So very very glad that you're safe and he's locked up. He's in the system now, and that's the best place for him to be considering his condition.

Sending an extra big hug,

ShootingStar1