Notices

I'm going to use suboxone to get off norcos

Old 09-15-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm going to use suboxone to get off norcos

For the past two years I have been recreational using norcos. In the past 5 months it has turned into a very bad addiction. Im not sure, but i don't believe I was addicted until the past 5 months. Since then, I have been using EVERY day. It has gone for 6 a day to 6 in one sitting. I have recently been taking 20 to 30 norcos IN ONE DAY! I can't believe it has gotten this bad. I just want to go back to my old life. I am a 24 year old college graduate and i spend all my money on these dumb things. I live well below my means just because of them. I could have a really nice house, a new car, and very nice things. Instead, i live in a cheap house with the same old car i bought before college. Not saying my stuff is crappy, but its not as nice as it could be if i didn't take these damn pills. Tomorrow I am starting treatment. I have tried a few times in the past month to quit. Ive tried tapering and cold turkey. Both did not work so i will be trying suboxone. Ive been prescribed 1/8 of a strip in the am and was told not to take more unless it was necessary. Im only suppose to take up to two doses a day. I really hope this work and really need some support because i have no one to help me. If anyone has any advice i would appreciate it. Or if you have tried them id really like to hear your story. Please do not tell me negative things because this is all I have left. I want to be as positive as possible because i dont know what i am going to do if this does not work. Thank you for reading!
Old 09-15-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

one more thing

Ive only been prescribed two suboxone strips so i don't exchange one addiction for another. I can maybe get one more prescription if absolutely necessary.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Whatever works for you. You might want to look at what your LIFE would be like without drugs rather than what your possessions would be like. No matter what technique you use at some point you just have to want it bad enough and just do it. Nothing will do it for you. Suboxone, tapering and cold turkey are just ways of getting started. Wanting it and sticking with it are the real means of making it. In other words - none of the "techniques" works - you do.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Please read my post from yesterday titled suboxone owns me. I feel you are ready and I am too. I too was in your shoes when I started subs. I only wanted them to get off other stuff. I ended up on them for 2 years and now I'm trying to taper off them. Good luck and remember stick strictly to the coding guidelines
Old 09-16-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dosing not coding. Dumb autocorrect
Old 09-16-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If youre really ready, it will work. I would do what what one of the other posts said and just get a few of them and take as little as possible in as short a period as possible so that you don't get dependent on subs, I wish my doctor would've given that as an option to me. Some ppl need to take it slow, though. So just do what is best for you
Old 09-16-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ok, so that WAS you that only got two....HAHA. I didn't read the names b4 I posted....
Old 09-16-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

24 hours

Its been 24 hours since my last norco. Ive only taken 1/8 of a suboxone strip and it worked just fine. It made feel normal enough but not high. And yes the trick is wanting it. I'm getting ready to go to sleep now and i definitly feel tired enough to sleep but we will see
Ps I think its going to work!!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I forgot to add that I got rid of the rest of my pills only about four hours ago. I figures what was the point in holding on. So if I want more norcos, I will have to go through the long process in getting them. And I refuse to let my hard work go to ****.! I'm so done with the BS.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

No sleep yet but I just took something to help with the RLS. its not real bad, just enough to keep me up. I think ill try to sleep again in about a half hour.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trace04210625 View Post
Please read my post from yesterday titled suboxone owns me. I feel you are ready and I am too. I too was in your shoes when I started subs. I only wanted them to get off other stuff. I ended up on them for 2 years and now I'm trying to taper off them. Good luck and remember stick strictly to the coding guidelines
I did take your post into consideration. I'm really not taking near enough to get high nor have I ever. I know it only takes one buzz to want to keep going! Thank you for the advice
Old 09-17-2012, 03:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Keep going. It is good to throw away your pills obviously. Keeping them as a way out of withdrawal is a sign that you won't make it. The RLS takes a few days but generally not many. Insomnia took 3 months for me but was so worth it. I haven't slept like a "normal" person for so long I can't calculate. Now I do.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Its been over 36 hours. I slept for 11 hours! I just now took another 1/8th of a strip and I feel ok. Think I might try to get out of my house today
Old 09-17-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liv1ce View Post
Keep going. It is good to throw away your pills obviously. Keeping them as a way out of withdrawal is a sign that you won't make it. The RLS takes a few days but generally not many. Insomnia took 3 months for me but was so worth it. I haven't slept like a "normal" person for so long I can't calculate. Now I do.
Have you always had issues with sleeping or was it just a withdrawal thing?
Old 09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

getting the right meds

I just made a phone call to my Dr asking to get back on my antidepressants. I should have my script by five pm. I think it will be good for me to get back on track.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Feeling pretty good today

Today I have a completely different outlook on addiction then Ive had. Ive always told myself "Im not addicted and can stop anytime". Well that is partially a lie. I AM ADDICTED, but I CAN stop anytime. And that time was well over 36 hours ago. I took my last does of norcos September 15th 2012 and I plan on keeping it that way. I may feel crappy for the next week and have no ambition to do anything, but I WILL get over it and the addiction will be in my past. I can't believe Im sitting here NOT counting my pills and NOT trying to get more or see who has some. I have so much free time not dealing with the pills. I just wish i felt better so i could use that free time to do some good. It will come with time tho. And Im also very excited to get back on my antidepressants. I know they will really help me because they have before. It sucks coming from a long family line of addicts and suicides. But i need to learn how to deal without narcotics. I might even quit smoking to! But i dont wanna over do it so i think ill wait on that one.
Ill post again on my 42 hour mark!!
Wish me luck!!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good Luck!

Yes, I have always had trouble sleeping. Even when I was a child. So it was natural for me to have this be my worst symptom. I have noted others who had extended insomnia who did not consider themselves "natural insomniacs." I think my 3 months may be a record but all is well now. I still have nights - like last night - when something is in my head that can be exciting or worrisome - when I won't sleep at all but that is a normal pattern for me.

I like this last post. It seems you are really feeling it. The tough part can come now as you realize that you can see the end of the tunnel. Your addict brain will begin to niggle at you and tell you, "This is sorta easy. You can do this next week. Let's get really high."
Old 09-17-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you for the info. I seem to be ablebto sleep ok now. But this has been far from easy. I basically just tell myself it is. I do have the urge to go back but once I sit and think about letting my work go to waist I don't. I really do believe I'm really done this time. I got back on my depression meds and joined this forum. I've never taken it this far or truley believed I was addicted. I don't have any ambition to try norcos again.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you for the info. I seem to be ablebto sleep ok now. But this has been far from easy. I basically just tell myself it is. I do have the urge to go back but once I sit and think about letting my work go to waist I don't. I really do believe I'm really done this time. I got back on my depression meds and joined this forum. I've never taken it this far or truley believed I was addicted. I don't have any ambition to try norcos again.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Almost 72 hours

Tonight it will be 72 hours since i took any norcos. I feel really tired and jittery. But other than that im feeling pretty good. I haven't had any cravings too bad today. I ment to post earlier but i was at my uncle's funeral which was hard, especially with trying to not take pills. That was the only thing that made me want to take them today, but thankfully, i was smart enough to toss em and not have any and there was no way i was going to disrespect my deceased uncle and leave the funeral to get drugs. Unfortunately, alcohol was the result of his death. He drank so much that he passed away in his sleep. It made me realize this could happen to me. I could take so many pills that i could O/D or have sever medical issues. I don't want that to be me, so i think i will continue on the path Im on