Notices

I'm going to use suboxone to get off norcos

Old 09-19-2012, 03:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You continue to do well. Hang in there. Sorry about your uncle but you are correct

There but for the grace of god........
Old 09-19-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Suboxone worked for me

Today is my fourth day without norcos. I feel pretty good. I woke up this morning with barley any withdrawal symptoms. I had a mild head ache, slighty jittery, and NO body aches. I haven't even taken my suboxone dose yet. Im going to see how long i can go without it. I did take some ibuprofen for the head ache, a multi vitamin, potassium vitamin, and my antidepressant. I even feel happy which is something i havent truly felt in a long time. I have plans later today to go shopping with my mom. If my urges for norcos dont get too strong then i wont take the suboxone. If they do its ok because the plan is to have it for assistance for seven days. But if i can kick it sooner then that would be great! Its been 4 days without norcos and only 1/8th of a suboxone in the past 32 hours! Being of norcos still feels a little surreal to me but it is REAL!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liv1ce View Post
You continue to do well. Hang in there. Sorry about your uncle but you are correct

There but for the grace of god........
Thank you for your support and condolences. I really appreciate it!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopefullJA8 View Post
Today is my fourth day without norcos. I feel pretty good. I woke up this morning with barley any withdrawal symptoms. I had a mild head ache, slighty jittery, and NO body aches. I haven't even taken my suboxone dose yet. Im going to see how long i can go without it. I did take some ibuprofen for the head ache, a multi vitamin, potassium vitamin, and my antidepressant. I even feel happy which is something i havent truly felt in a long time. I have plans later today to go shopping with my mom. If my urges for norcos dont get too strong then i wont take the suboxone. If they do its ok because the plan is to have it for assistance for seven days. But if i can kick it sooner then that would be great! Its been 4 days without norcos and only 1/8th of a suboxone in the past 32 hours! Being of norcos still feels a little surreal to me but it is REAL!

Congrats on 4 days!!! You are on the road to getting your life back. Keep getting out and walking as that is so good for you. Quitting is very hard but you must be honest with your family and true friends. I can't emphasize this strongly enough. You will be surprised as to the amount of support that you will receive from members of SR. They want you to suceed every bit as much as you do I am sure.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Your my hero man. I was hooked on painers for about 6 months and started Suboxone. My doctor wasn't good like yours. She was greedy and set me up with 24mg of Sub. a day. i was only take 4-6 Lortabs daily. That's hardly over daily prescriptions and she loaded me up. She never said a thing about getting me down in days. She started me on 3 days subutex then straight to the 24mg Suboxone.

So you do this and get clean. Don't hate yourself cause your young and you didn't waste much time. I blew 5 years of my life on this garbage and I'm currently on Day 4 of cold turkey off my 6mg dose for the last 2 years or so.

I also quite smoking 6 months ago so here's the key. Hate cigarettes like you hate norcos. I smoked for 5 years, a side effect of drug use (long story) and 6 months ago about halfway through a cigarette just looked down at it and was disgusted with myself. I had been pondering quitting but in that moment I hated myself for smoking about as much as I hate myself for being on Suboxone for 5 years. So I snubbed it out walked out back and threw every pack I had about as far as the woods behind my house would allow. Not once did I go back. So get this monkey off your back then kick the nicotine.

And remember, Suboxone should be a temporary fix to wean yourself not a 5 year ride into hell. You may be missing that new car but I've missed feeling the joys of being a father to my children for the duration. I can't get that back but you can buy a house later. Be thankful.

Keep up the good work!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

HopefullJA8, how are you doing man? Seen that you have not posted in a while, I know the crash after useing even a small amount of subs is harsh! Hope your doing good!!