Notices

Very scared

Old 08-22-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Very scared

Im in a bad way right now. I was told by my doctor that unless somone was looking specifically for suboxone that it wouldn't show up on a drug test. I found out the hard way that its not true. I paid for a drug screen myself before I had a pre employment dot drug screen and failed. I now have 17 days to be completely free of this stuff. I have been taking 12 mgs for 4 months now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have no income coming in because I lost my job due to poor performance after I got addicted to pain meds. My wife isn't getting any new freelance work and I cant afford to blow this.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Perhaps it's a good idea to bring this up to your doctor, and explain the results that you had. Maybe the two of you can come to a solution together.

My doctor also told me the same thing, but I have heard stories of others testing positive for other opiates even when they were only on buprenorphine.

Sorry I can't be of much help, but it seems like this would be a very important thing to stress to your dr.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I took a 10 panel drug screen, mandatory for my job. I was dosing 1mg of sub's at the time.
It didn't show up. It requires a specific test from what I've read.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

However, you have 17 or days or so. Taper until four days within your drug screen, then quit. It should be out of your system in four days. Best to you.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for your response. I cant talk to my doctor because he wont talk or text me back after my insurance would not cover me anymore. All I asked is that he could give me a plan to.get off this stuff in the time frame I have left and he stopped answering my calls. I am left to deal with this myself now. My wife is brought back to wear I started and she is very sad. I know that I lost my job because of my abuse. I will deal with all the pain myself. Its what I deserve
Old 08-24-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am getting a job with a trucking company and they do hair blood and urine tests. I noticed on the form that they do test for suboxone. I have been told that it could take up to 24 days for this stuff to get out of my system. I took 4 mgs yesterday and 2 mgs today. Tommorow I am stopping completely. This job is the only thing that matters right now. F## k the pain, I have no choice.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SLD

Originally Posted by iambetternow View Post
I am getting a job with a trucking company and they do hair blood and urine tests. I noticed on the form that they do test for suboxone. I have been told that it could take up to 24 days for this stuff to get out of my system. I took 4 mgs yesterday and 2 mgs today. Tommorow I am stopping completely. This job is the only thing that matters right now. F## k the pain, I have no choice.
Wow, this is really harsh. The old DOT panel did not check for suboxone metabolites... they looked for morphine, which is what you pee after taking heroin, codeine, morphine, and may other semi-synthetic opioids.

The half-life is VERY long, and of course a hair test will show up months later if your hair is long enough.

It's a prescription drug. People operate trucks while taking a wide variety of prescriptions. I don't get it. It's one thing to check for MJ or meth, another to look for prescription meds. And as anyone on suboxone would tell you, it does little to nothing to performance. Heck, I'd rather have a guy on suboxone on the road vs. one with cold sweats, stomach ache, and grossly distracted by WD symptoms.

Once again, being "clean" trumps all. Common sense down the toilet. Good luck, you've got a tough road ahead of you.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope that you are able to handle the pain. I work with lots of people here in my state who have to get waivers from their doctor for both dot and dmme, I understand that since your doc won't talk to you, this isn't an option. I wish there was something that I could do to help, but unfortunately it seems you are backed into a corner. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. If the form said they test for sub and all I'm sure they would require the waiver from your physician for you to drive, my hubby is a trucker and he has to give the waiver to his employer, dot, and dmme b/c he hauls coal from local mines. If you can continue in treatment talk to the doctor about the waiver, if not, hold on to your determination and get into NA or some other support group. We don't recovery alone and no one can understand your journey like another addict.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

First day without anything and im not doing that bad. I cant eat very much and.im having to thro up. I wook up at 1 didn't sleep all the way through the night. I know the worst is yet to come, but I know what is on the line. I will post tommorow
Old 08-25-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I live in a country that allows for people like me to fall down and I still have the chance to pick myself back up. if I lived in somalia I wouldn't have this chance. I am almost 40 years old. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and be a man again. Pain caused by my own decisions is a pain I should be able to deal with. Some people have nothing but pain there whole lives.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sounds like your going do whatever needs to be done. Hoping and praying this will go as easy as possible for you. There's another thread on here by dragonfire. He went through the C/T
jump at 1 mg I believe. Check out his blog. Many other threads and sites as well. Hot baths, showers, yogurt, bananas. I went through a period of detox from percs. I could of handled anything, but the jumpy legs did me in. Which is why I got to the suboxones. Now I'm doing a long very slow deliberate taper to get out of this. Down to .25 mgs and skipping as many days as possible to still be able to work. I'm hoping the best for you. Be careful in that truck. Maybe you can get with your doctor and figure out a plan, maybe to take a few days off. From what I've read, a week off might do wonders. You need to be safe as well. Driving and no sleep is no good combination. Best to you. Figure this out. You can do it. It's been done before.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iambetternow View Post
So I just wanted everyone to know how im doing. I have not taken anything for 3 days and I don't feel all that bad. I have been taking lots of vitamins and a powder called kratom. My sleep is ok, im not very hungry but this is a cake walk compared to my withdrawals off the pills. I just hope that this will continue and that I get better and not worse. Mabey its because I was only on the subs for about 4 months. This isnt as bad as everyone says
Keep use posted mate .i m realy hopeing your wright
And I bett you are too..

Ive only been on my dock for a few monthes
Old 08-28-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That is definitely good news. Day 4 is usually the big day. Glad to hear it's going OK.
Keep us posted and Best to you.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

U made it to day 4, that's good. I'm going through minor withdrawals myself.

You can do it man!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

For some.reason today I was very dizzy and I had problems with uncomfortable shaking. I worked out pretty hard and it went away. My mood is all over the place.today.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Any new news on how you are doing?