Thread: Very scared
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SLD

Originally Posted by iambetternow View Post
I am getting a job with a trucking company and they do hair blood and urine tests. I noticed on the form that they do test for suboxone. I have been told that it could take up to 24 days for this stuff to get out of my system. I took 4 mgs yesterday and 2 mgs today. Tommorow I am stopping completely. This job is the only thing that matters right now. F## k the pain, I have no choice.
Wow, this is really harsh. The old DOT panel did not check for suboxone metabolites... they looked for morphine, which is what you pee after taking heroin, codeine, morphine, and may other semi-synthetic opioids.

The half-life is VERY long, and of course a hair test will show up months later if your hair is long enough.

It's a prescription drug. People operate trucks while taking a wide variety of prescriptions. I don't get it. It's one thing to check for MJ or meth, another to look for prescription meds. And as anyone on suboxone would tell you, it does little to nothing to performance. Heck, I'd rather have a guy on suboxone on the road vs. one with cold sweats, stomach ache, and grossly distracted by WD symptoms.

Once again, being "clean" trumps all. Common sense down the toilet. Good luck, you've got a tough road ahead of you.