The Vacuum Cleaner

Old 06-28-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Vacuum Cleaner

Sounds like a good place to urinate, right? Because it looks like a toilet (sarcasm)? Hahaha, at least I have the indifference to laugh at it. It is just one more nail in the coffin. Just wondering where some interesting places are that your A's have decided was a great place to relieve themselves????

Oooo, and he pee'd in the trashcan in the kitchen just a couple weeks ago. It's getting worse and worse and he seems to be getting drunk more easily lately too? Is this a sign of progression ? (Wet brain??)
Old 06-28-2012, 09:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

well, in a drunk's eye it could look like a urinal? in his house? OMG!
and the trash can. geez, what a mess.
i am not sure about wet brain, but it is a sign of the progression (the end) if it is taking less for him to get drunk. his liver is probably bad and can't rid himself of the toxins.

:ghug3

Beth
Old 06-28-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

OMG--one time we rented an empty room to a "friend" of my husband's from his fraternal organization--whose wife had put him out of the house. He came home later one night, loaded, and peed on the vacume that I had left in the hallway. I awoke to hearing the sound of "falling water". When I told him the next morning, he just laughed and said he would clean it up after work as he was scurrying out the door. He didn't. I got him out of there soon after.
I have known drunk persons of every age to pee in incredible places. Early, middle and late stage. I think it is a function of how drunk they are when the bladder pressure builds up!
In the closet. In the corner. In the trashcan (very common). Trunk of the car. On area rug in middle of kitchen floor. In a dresser drawer. In the fireplace. Out upper floor window. In laundry basket (on folded clothes). Into the grate on the sidewalk. Utility sink in the basement. Down the steps. On the CLOSED toilet seat.
There are probably others, but I can't think of them right now.
Dandylion
Old 06-29-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

There is nothing quite so liberating as living where you no longer have to worry about someone peeing all over the house.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My STBXAH would always sleep walk and pee in inappropriate places whenever we had had an argument before going to bed. I didn't notice him drinking more particularly on those nights, but he must have. I, of course, had decided it was all that extra stress on those nights that made his brain go haywire. I shake my head now at how naive I was.

I remember waking up one night to that "water fall" and realizing he was peeing on his own backpack. "um, Mr. Fathom? Where are you peeing?". His response, "where are YOU peeing?" "I'm not the one peeing." Slow cessation of waterfall as he slowly wakes up and he becomes aware. Then, moves to the toilet to finish up and comes back to bed. This was the first time I refused to clean up after him and he got to deal with a urine-soaked backpack in the morning before work. I don't think he had ever believed me that he had been sleep-peeing before that morning.

Fathom
Old 06-29-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am laughing ... yeah, I told A this morn he pee'd on the vacuum.

His response, "Oh, I was sleep walking."
Me: "It had nothing to do with the fact you were s*it-faced?"
Him: Silence

LOL!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ere is nothing quite so liberating as living where you no longer have to worry about someone peeing all over the house.

For most people, that would be a strange statement. Here, it's actually funny AND true.
Vacuum cleaner... better or worse than Italian leather boots? Not that I'd know anything about having my Italian leather boots peed in.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I am so glad I do not have to live with this. Thank you so much for starting this thread. When I think about XABF leaving, now I can be grateful he is not there to pee on my vacuum (not that he'd done it before, but given his relapse I'm assuming he'll be doing it in the near future).
Old 06-29-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

We had a thread here about things that normal folks would never think of, that happens to those living with alcoholics and addicts.

Things like finding ziploc bags full of vodka under the floor mats of the car.

Maybe someone can find and link that thread, it was funny in a sadly tragic way.

I found it, thank you DesertEyes for making it a sticky.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-1-a.html
Old 06-29-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The couch, the wall, trashcan, bedroom door, bathtub right next to the toilet, &the pillow on my bed right next to my head! Ugh!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
has left the building :)

Originally Posted by Fathom View Post
"um, Mr. Fathom? Where are you peeing?". His response, "where are YOU peeing?" "I'm not the one peeing."

Any "What are you...?" question was always met with that same belligerent "What are YOU...?"

Classic!

This thread keeps reminding me of The Big Lebowski and the carpet p*ssers! "That rug really tied the room together." LOL!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

He peed in the kitchen sink and on the stove! Ugh!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Am I a horrible person for laughing at this thread?

I apologize if so - but hell this is some funny stuff. The vacuum cleaner? Really? Was it plugged in at the time? Envisioning getting quite a shock...omg I am laughing again.

Sorry ladies. I feel your pain here, but my God. If I ever peed somewhere except the toilet or occasionally the woods when I absolutely have to, shoot me. Really. Like a lame horse.

Good God.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Woke up one night to the "waterfall sound" in the middle of the night and my (now ex) AH had opened the drawer to his nightstand and was peeing inside of it. I was screaming, "What the HELL are you doing???????" He never heard me. Just crawled back into bed. Hence...the "ex" in front of "AH".
Old 06-29-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

In a full laundry basket in our walk in closet...conveniently MY laundry basket, not his which was right next to it. I woke him up (he is a chronic sleep walker who happens to do it more often after drinking) and made him clean it up right then and there. He didn't remember any of it in the morning, just had a vague, ominous feeling that something was amiss. It was his ****. I didn't mean to rhyme that, but it made me giggle. lol
Old 06-29-2012, 11:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi chronsweet
Is this how you want to live your life?
Where is the limit...?
I ask in all honesty, because my apartment is a MESS, and I just asked myself these two questions.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
one second at a time

I happened to see the title to this post & am now thankful for my curiosity - lol! This was one of the funniest threads I've seen. Heartbreaking too but thank God we have humor in all our chaos.

My brother peed in some potted plants during a family function & then proceeded to sit in the pot. Needless to say chaos ensued. His wife screamed "It had to be the begonias that I just planted not the damn daisies you got me at the gas station for my birthday. " My brother, the hopeless romantic.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Chronsweet, he's just and alpha male marking off his territory. Don't get near him while he's peeing, okay.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
There is nothing quite so liberating as living where you no longer have to worry about someone peeing all over the house.
I cannot wait for this. It will go on my list of things I am grateful for....