Notices

feel like ****

Old 06-24-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feel like ****

hi sorry but need to post, i feel dreadful and have done allday. iv just been blurring my eyes out to by bf cos i cant take this anymore. many of youse will no im waiting for detox and iv been made to wait a week for a review in order to get detox. my review is on tuesday and even once this has been done they still wont be putting me straight into detox, they are gona have me waiting around even longer until i see a doctor. while im waiting for detox im been told not to stop drinking but i feel so ****** and my anxiety is like pure torture. i cant go to a + e iv had a drink i just need some advice to help me cope till my appoinment on tuesday
Old 06-24-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sharp75 = hold on. I know you must feel like 12 types of crap right now but it gets better. I know you have already been told this, but you must go back to A&E if you start to withdraw. It really isdangerous to go it alone. But mentally, you will recover. YOu will get better one day at a time, until your life becomes rewarding again. Millions of people all over the world have recovered from this illness to live happy and fullfilled lives. There is no reason at all why you can't join them. Go to meetings. Talk to other alcoholics. There is no need to be alone through all of this. Keep posting on here and stay strong. xx
Old 06-24-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i dont drink through the day as i have children but i spend allday panicking until the night when i have a drink. im not functioning properly at the minute, i love the bingo and went today hoping it would ease some stress getting away from home but when i got there i just wanted to get home as soon as i could as i was in a panic and felt like i was going to throw up. i cant even engage in converstaion with anyone and if my bf trys talking to me i want to tell him to shut up and leave me alone.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Did you look at any of those links I gave you yesterday Sharp?

D
Old 06-24-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA member

You can go to Aand E sharp,any time,day or night.

What is the delay with detox? get an appointment tomorrow with your GP.Nothing can improve for you while you continue to drink.

In the meantime you could call the AA helpline.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

dee what links was that? i dont remember any links. could you inbox them to me? i went to see a nurse last monday and shes had me wait a week for another appointment., then i have to see a doctor. the gp i normally see has been off work for a week and hes back tuesday. i feel so disgusted in myself as iv just drove to the shop for more drink when iv already had a drink and i actually felt like i wasnt bothered if i got pulled by the police as i thought if they pull me over it might make the professionals see i need help asap. what the f*** have i become?
Old 06-24-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA member

Oh sharp,my heart goes out to you,you cant go on like this.

Can you go to bed and not drink any more tonight?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

in your last thread
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3456675

D
Old 06-24-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Sharp,
No advice only to say hi and hang in there.

Love
caiHong
Old 06-24-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i know i cant im in tears now, why they making me suffer. im scared, daresnt go to sleep, i hate it. as im in the uk its all government funded and they obvioulsy dont want to detox people straight away in order to see if they are adamant about it but i cant keep going on like this and i know once i stop it will be for good as no way will i ever allow myself to get in this position again.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hi dee sorry about that, just i get many replies i forget easy. iv wrote the companies down you mentioned and im going to phone AA tomorrow first thing. please forgive me i do appreciate your help, thankyou
Old 06-24-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AA member

Pleased sharp that you are going to call AA.Hang in there.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

heath where you an alcoholic or are youstill drinking? if youve managed to quit drink please share your story with me ie what you were like when drinking, withdrawl symptoms etc, just so i can get encouragement from hearing what you went through and how you overcome it
Old 06-24-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

nothing to forgive at all Sharp- we're cool

D
Old 06-24-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

anyone esle who is sober or is trying to get sober please give your input in what you feel or felt like and withdrawl symptoms and the difference between being and alcoholic and being sober etc, much appreciated x
Old 06-24-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

thanx dee, how long you been sober for?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sharp, it takes time unfortunately. Time to see the doctor. Time to get a referral. I'm off to see the alcohol support people tomorrow. I'm not expecting much, but at least they're doing something.
I know it feels like 'why are they doing this to me.' The truth is, the average GP doesn't know what to do. Some of them wouldn't know whether you were going through withdrawal unless you were sat in their office shaking like a leaf. In all the dealings I've had, they haven't even sent me for a blood test, which I would have thought they'd do as a matter of course.
Or, to put it another way, they don't do it out of malice, but out of ignorance.
We're here for you. We'll listen if you want to talk. You can say what you need to. But hang in there. You might not think you can do it, but you can.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

how are you coping emily, the alcohol support team is who im seeing. its so weird i feel like im fighting my own body everyday and its so draining. i dont take notice of whats going on around me as all i can think of is the feelings thats going on with my body and mind and cant focus on anything else. i cant even stand talking to people except on here and i dont even watch the tv i just sit with my head in my lap waiting for the day to be over with
Old 06-24-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Zee

Hi Sharp Sorry you are feeling yuk... I was like you about a year ago.
You could call NHS direct if you feel bad (at least explain your symptoms) night times are always the worst ... their number is 0845 46 47 (short number!)
This is their website NHS Direct - Home
I have called them in the past... they are very good.
Good luck... and keep reading and posting x
Old 06-24-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey Sharp, I felt awful before I quit drinking and afterwards I was so knackered I could barely function but things got better day by day. I never really got any useful help from the addiction services in this country... The real help I got was from here and AA. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, reach out for help wherever you can find it. Let us know how it goes with phoning AA tomorrow x