Notices

Will this ever end? How Long!?

Old 03-22-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Will this ever end? How Long!?

Each day Im getting more and more energy back. However Im still hitting a wall in the day. Feels like ton of bricks. How long did it take you all for full rcovery and to get the love you once had for life back?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What mg did you stop at?? I stopped at 50 mgs.
I'm almost to 4 weeks. But by the start of the 3rd week.... I felt about 85% better! This week I'm about 95% better! I still have that stupid sneezing thing going on (not as frequent) and still can't sleep like I used to but it gets better every night!! The other night I slept through my first whole night. Also in my 3rd week I felt like my old self again. But that feeling like you have no energy or will to do anything will slowly go away. What helped me was a hot shower or bath!

And seriously.....chocolate. I'm not a chocolate fan what so ever! It's supposed to do the same thing the methadone did because of the endorphins. But I'd eat a little piece and I started feeling like I could get out of bed and do ANYTHING.... well till my back couldn't take anymore :-)
Old 03-23-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was taking thirty max usally less. however I still when through serious withdrawl from it. Shows how strong that stuff really is.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hear ya!! Drinking gatorade helped me alot too!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Methadone Detox

cHey..i am new on here and not sure if this is the right thread or what. I have currently been on methadone for nearly 4 years.Before that i was on hydro, roxy, oxys nearly everyday for about 4 yrs. So i decided methadone would be the easy way out. i had to drive to a clinic an hour there and a hour back. We'll after awhile they let u get take home bottles so i was going once a week. I was currently at 140mg. We'll one day i just decided i'm tired of depending on any chemicals so i started lowering my dose at home and quit going to the clinic. So i would lower 30mgs every 3 days. i am on my 12th day of tapering and currently at 3mgs. Today was my 1st day at 3mg. Yesterday i was at 20mg for 3 days prior. i have one more dose left at 3mg for 2moro then that will be it. I have already started feeling withdrawals once i got to 20mg.Diarrhea, chill, sweats, headaches, restless legs, fast heartbeat at times, can't eat that well. I checked my blood pressure today at walmart and it was normal but barely normal on the verge of being in in the middle but not high. I have been all over the internet looking for supplements to take. So 12 days ago i started taking flaxseed oil, multivitamin, alpha lipioc acid and melantion for sleep. I just wonder since i already start feeling withdrawals is it going to get worse after 2moro since its my last dose of 3mg? Or should i even bother taking the last 3mg? Anyways, it feels good to tell my story since some of my family and friends have no idea how hard this is.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also kicked methadone...but I weaned to as low a dose as possible...allowing my body to feel normal on low doses (2mg for 6 days, after 3mg for 6 days)...i detoxed from 150mg (most of this year) by 5mgs every 3 days. Until I got to 20mg, then lowered by 2mgs every 4 days. I didn't have thrashing but for a muscle cramps in my back and le gs and small fits at night. It was not like detoxing any other 18 hour sickness...quite a bit easier, actually! It's tough to quit from 50mg! Methadone is deceptively powerful because it doesn't get you high, just makes you feel not sick. I'm currently 23 days clean of methadone.

Sleeplessness has mostly stopped this week. I didn't have stomach problems like I did quitting h. But horrid fatigue and aching, thankfully my energy is coming back.The first week was the hardest and the lower doses made me feel crappy too...like 100lbs weights on all my limbs. It leaves your body slowly making detox last longer, which can also be a good thing so you can walk off it. I think being to as low a dose as you can will prove easier.