View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
mialicious

I also kicked methadone...but I weaned to as low a dose as possible...allowing my body to feel normal on low doses (2mg for 6 days, after 3mg for 6 days)...i detoxed from 150mg (most of this year) by 5mgs every 3 days. Until I got to 20mg, then lowered by 2mgs every 4 days. I didn't have thrashing but for a muscle cramps in my back and le gs and small fits at night. It was not like detoxing any other 18 hour sickness...quite a bit easier, actually! It's tough to quit from 50mg! Methadone is deceptively powerful because it doesn't get you high, just makes you feel not sick. I'm currently 23 days clean of methadone.

Sleeplessness has mostly stopped this week. I didn't have stomach problems like I did quitting h. But horrid fatigue and aching, thankfully my energy is coming back.The first week was the hardest and the lower doses made me feel crappy too...like 100lbs weights on all my limbs. It leaves your body slowly making detox last longer, which can also be a good thing so you can walk off it. I think being to as low a dose as you can will prove easier.