Anger release

Old 11-20-2011, 01:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anger release

I've been doing yoga for awhile now and I find it very beneficial.
There is a meditation I'd like to share with you: anger release. I started doing it few days ago and I'm amazed with results. I never realized I had so much anger built up in me, but the first time I did this meditation, half way through it I heard someone shouting and swearing, only to realize that one was me, but not aloud, but there was this voice inside of me, that got so loud and intense.
It made me feel so, so much better.
It is supposed to be done daily, and it is said that after the 3rd day you'll notice a big change.
So, the whole thing made me think of you guys, so I find this link on youtube, so maybe you'd like to try it yourself. It takes 5 minutes or longer if you wish, and in return it relaxes your shoulders and back so much, and you feel that anger draining out of you.
I highly recomend it!
So here it is:
Anger Release Yoga with Kundalini Yoga Teacher, Maya Fiennes - YogaEarth - YouTube

Give it a try and enjoy!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I tried and loved it. I'll pass it on to my sponsor who loves yoga and told me several times that I need to work on my anger. I'm going to try to do this several times and see how it works. At first my shoulders felt tight, but afterwards they were feeling more relaxed! Amazing! I love yoga. thanks so much for sharing this.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So glad you tried it and enjoyed it.
Actually I was feeling a bit sad yesterday thinking no one gave it a try, only because it does make you feel so much better.
I guess I'm just so excited about it as I just discovered it, and it was so powerful for me, it was like religious experience, and I felt so good afterwards, that I just want to share with all of you, hoping it might do the same thing for you.

I think it is worth a try even if you're not into yoga at all, if you think of it as just another excercice that will make your shoulders and upper back less tense.

Come on guys, give it a try. It is only 5 minutes and you'll feel centred and calm for the rest of the day.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've tried different kinds of yoga, and the one that suits me the best is kundalini yoga. I buy dvd's off amazon and work with it. I like Maya Fiennes teaching methods the best, as they're easy to follow. You can google her, and watch few of her clips on youtube to see if that is something you'd feel comfortable doing.

I've started with her Detox and Destress DVD, I wasn't too fit at the time, and I managed to do it OK and eventually I got quite good at it. The one I'm working with now is called Journey through chakras, it consists of 3 DVD's, one of them I find quite hard to do, but the other two are OK (one of them has that anger release meditation in it).

Her way of work is very spiritual, she is a composer too, and all her workouts (kryas) have music in them, which makes it easier to do yoga, at least it does for me.

I go through periods when I do yoga daily, and than I stop for awhile (for whatever reason) but when I do it daily, the diffrence in my state of mind, in my attitude is huge.

What I like about yoga the best is that it makes me very centred, in touch with myslef and in peace with a world.

Look it up, if maya's method doesn't seem to be something you see yourself doing, there are other teachers who do other kinds of yoga, that might be more interesting for you.

Hope you'll give it try

HUGS
Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Thanks for sharing the info!

I also practice yoga. I have off/on for years.

I don't have time or finances for classes, so all my yoga has been done at home with DVD.

I have been using Louise Solomon's Yoga and Pilates DVD's for over 5 years. I like the strength training with elastic bands. I feel I can adjust my resistance depending on what type of work out I need at the time.

Thanks again for sharing with us!
Old 11-22-2011, 12:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi justhere33, so, so glad to hear that!!!!

Pelican, I checked Louise Solomon, it looks very interesting. I've been doing pilated on and off for years too, and for awhile I did it with a teacher who was combining it with yoga too, and I loved it. I think I'm going to buy Louise's dvd and give it a try. Thanks!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for my anger issues. You can think of it as non-cooperative partners yoga. You try to bend your partner into a position that he doesn't want to be in before he can do it to you. Very therapeutic.

Here's a sample of a technique called a kimura.

Gracie Brazilian Jujitsu Moves : Kimura Shoulder Lock Jujitsu Technique - YouTube
Old 11-22-2011, 06:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mike, I think I should try it
Old 11-22-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I try to do yoga every morning and evening. I'm going to try this tonight. Thanks for posting it!