180 days - 6 months sober

Old 09-07-2011, 12:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

180 days - 6 months sober

For all you nay-sayers out there, today is my XABF's 6 month sobriety anniv. I sent him email to congratulate him and he replied with thanks and confirmation. As has his sister and Mother.

I still miss his presence in my life like crazy. I am trying to work through the depression and sadness and ache. I am still praying that time will change things and I have a small ray of hope he may yet come back.

I just try to live one minute at a time.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
is this the same guy that broke up with you when he was in rehab and took up with another gal? and you are you still keeping count of HIS recovery days?

He didn't break up with me while he was in rehab. He was months out of that. But yes. And I count his days because I care about him and am proud of his recovery.

how is YOUR recovery/path to wellness going?
I'm attending meetings and doing all I can. I can't do anything about how I feel about him. I miss him and love him. And I pray for the best for both of us. I am reading my literature every day and trying...
Old 09-07-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

justpassinthru, I hung on to those feelings for way to long regarding my ex. Let me share with you the reality of that. I was so numb to the world around me I got involved with a crazy, drunken alcoholic. I went from bad to worse. It's best to leave the past, and not dwell on it. Best to box up all those feelings and send them packing.

If you have one foot in the past, and one foot in the future, you are standing in a position to P*ss all over your today.......... Hugs to you))))
Old 09-07-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Make your past a guidepost not a hitching post.

The longer you hold onto the fantasy of what could have been or may be, the longer you will be unable to move forward with your life.

You were only in a relationship for a very short time, to me, you are imagining more than there really was.

He has moved on, he has a new life, when are you planning to do so?
Old 09-07-2011, 07:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justpassinthru View Post
I'm attending meetings and doing all I can. I can't do anything about how I feel about him. I miss him and love him. And I pray for the best for both of us. I am reading my literature every day and trying...
It's time to let go. You are clinging to the bumper of this man's car... Dragging yourself behind him. Allowing yourself to get banged up, bruised, and shredded. Send him prayers, love, and light... And then get back to living your life. You're wasting today by spending it wishing on tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I understand. I miss my guy lots and lots. I remember when my ex husband (not related issue to this at all) left me for another woman very suddenly. I literally went to work a happily married woman and came home to him moving out with her. I thought I would die. For two years I never even could look at another man after that much pain and I didn't date until three years after. I didn't die though. I'm in pain now over my AXBF but I know from past experience, I am unlikely to die from a broken heart. At least my AXBF left me for drugs and alcohol instead of another woman.... sigh.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for him. Very good. But, please read this carefully-- it's his recovery, not yours. And also this, it is now, and will always be, one day at a time. Not seven days, not sixth months, but one day.

Take care,

Cyranoak