Notices

Just some thoughts

Old 07-30-2011, 12:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just some thoughts

Quoted from 24 Hours a Day

Today was a rough day, these quotes from July 29th and 30th seem like they were written for me.

"There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two days which should be kept from fear and apprehension. One of those days is yesterday, with it's mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday, We cannot undo a single act we performed. We cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone beyond recall."

"The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow, with its possible adversities, it burdens, its large promise, and perhaps its poor performance. Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control. Tomorrow's sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn."

Hopefully tomorrow's sun rises in spendor and i get to share with the one that i want to spend every sun rise with.

Take care all.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We read that during our AA meetings even though it is not AA literature. I love it. One of my favorite things to read. Some people in my group refuse to read it though.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

THank you! I needed to read that this morning.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On my way....

This is exactly what I needed to read today, thank you for sharing.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

TinMan: One of the meetings I attend, the meeting is about the 24 Hours a Day book. Sombody in the group reads the thought, meditation, and prayer. Then we discuss how it relates to our situations. Its not that we don't read anything out of the big book, we do but that's the choice of an induvidual, not decided by the group. Its a very open and informal meeting and actually one of the more popular meetings at the Alano house,
Old 07-30-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Schwaber--glad to see you are still here. I have been thinking about you as I've dealt with some terrible family difficulties. I've had a stupid relapse myself which I would describe as a coping mechanism--although I might be wrong. Anyway, I'm glad you are here and doing well.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Missy, yep still here, reading everyday, posting little. I am sorry to hear about the family difficulties and the relapse, good thing is that you are still here and trying right! I wish you strength to get through your difficult times.

Things with the wife are on a bit of a roaller coaster ride right now. One day we seem like we are on the right path in regards to working things out, the next day it seems like there is absolutely no trust what so ever. I don't blame her for thinking the way she does, I am the one who screwed this all up. I just wish I knew what tomorrow has in store for me. I know, tomorrow is beyond my immediate control. I just have to deal with it as it comes the best that I can.

One day at a time....
Old 07-30-2011, 09:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Time, time, time.

I'm now in a lovely relationship with my dear, dear husband. This is the same snarling man I wanted to divorce for years. Don't give up. And try to tell your wife you will give her the time she obviously needs.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Schwaber77 View Post
Quoted from 24 Hours a Day

Today was a rough day, these quotes from July 29th and 30th seem like they were written for me.

"There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two days which should be kept from fear and apprehension. One of those days is yesterday, with it's mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday, We cannot undo a single act we performed. We cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone beyond recall."

"The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow, with its possible adversities, it burdens, its large promise, and perhaps its poor performance. Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control. Tomorrow's sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn."

Hopefully tomorrow's sun rises in spendor and i get to share with the one that i want to spend every sun rise with.

Take care all.
Beautiful. Thank you
Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

An addition to the 29th and 30th. Again very fitting considering the phone call I just got.

"This leaves only one day----today. Anyone can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when you and I add the burden of those two awful eternities, yesterday and tomorrow, that we break down. It is not the experience of today that drives us mad. It is the remorse or bitterness for something which happened yesterday or the dread of what tomorrow may bring. Let us therefore do our best to live but one day at a time. Am I living one day at a time?

I wish I could get my wife to understand this. I know I can't make her nor do I even know if I deserve another chance. But if we are going to make this work, we need to start with the one day at a time idea and not to dread on the past and worry about the future. I know i have screwed up big time over the years but we need to get past that, I cannot nor can you change what has already happened. If we can't accept the past and live for today, then trying to make it work won't work. I wish I could erase all of the wrongs I've done but I can't but I can live everyday trying to make up for those wrongs by doing right. That's all I can do and that is what I am going to do today, regardless of if we are together trying to make it work or if we decide that the damage is too great and it's time to call it quits.